Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:04 AM   #15
I am planning on building a garage for the delivery on my new Unity MB. Can someone tell me what the width of the coach is with both the passenger and drivers doors open? Is a 10 ft wide over head door on the garage wide enough to pull the van in to the garage

jvoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2015, 01:25 PM   #16
Sorry do not own a Unity but the height of the Unity is 10'6" tall & 7'10" wide. (Plus Mirror extensions). My Libero is 8'1" wide but the mirrors just make it through a 10' opening without folding them back. The doors on my Libero need about an extra 3' on each side, This includes the side door. So with open doors on both sides you need at least 14' inside in my estimation to do what you want to do. I leave about 16' width space for my Libero. Unity owners could be more precise.

Hope this was helpful.

Libero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 06:39 AM   #17
Send a message via Yahoo to CTB Send a message via Skype™ to CTB
Originally Posted by PDX_Don View Post
I have just traded my 2014 Free Spirit SS for a 2015.5 Unity TB (twin bed). Had many problems with the SS for the one year I owned it.
Where the problems with the slide out?
CTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 07:43 AM   #18
Winnebago Owners Club
Triple E Owners Club
No problems with the slide-out. Problems were with faulty batteries installed by the dealer at time of delivery. Factory battery was split open and dry. Inverter would fail after 5 minutes; and took them 6 months to realize it was a battery problem. Not an inverter problem.

The on-demand water heater did not function consistently. Took them 11 months before they replaced the heater; after about 5 attempts to fix the problem. Installed a flow-detector at one point. Don't know what else they tried.

New Unity TB does not have slide-out. New satellite unit adds about 4" to the original height; thus about 10'10".
I've made an 11' pole (2 pieces of 3/4" PVC at 5'6"...coupled together) that I use as a measuring stick to test clearance. Tough to use when you're going 65mph; but great when checking a parking space in the RV park. The two pieces fit nicely in the pass-thru storage on the TB-model. Materials cost about $8.
PDX_Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:24 PM   #19
Curious as to what your problems were with the Free Spirit SS. Chassis or coach problems? We just bought a Free Spirit (not an SS) and have several issues with the coach - some related to the dealership's service dept., but some LTV manufacturing issues, of which some are design shortcomings.
CG Higg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #20
Winnebago Owners Club
Triple E Owners Club
My SS was stored 40 miles from the dealership. Had returned it to have a factory recall service to update the wiring for the emergency flasher-lights.
When I got the unit home, I discovered I had no back-up camera. I called them immediately; and was told to bring it back and they would look at it.
They denied having done anything to the camera.

So the next morning I returned to the dealership. Arrived at 8:00 even though I had suggested I'd return at 10:00. After waiting over an hour, they began to check the unit. Turns out they had disconnected all power while doing the recall work. This reset the Pioneer navigation system to "default=Camera OFF". Had they considered that possibility, I could have performed the reset myself. Half a day and 5-6 gallons of diesel wasted.

The day-of-delivery I was given the quick (very quick) orientation for the new unit. I noticed a major crack in the casing of one of the two house batteries. They went about replacing them while I continued with the rest of the orientation.

When I took the new unit to my storage facility, I began to do the outfitting of the van with all of the personal items. I turned on the entertainment system using the inverter. It worked for about 15 minutes and then had a system-fault failure. The unit was equipped with a solar panel system; so power supply was adequated.

It took me 4 or 5 (lost track) returns to the dealership regarding this problem. Everything working when on shore-power. Each time they tested the inverter and said it was working. The old "we can't fix it until it fails" was their repeated response. On the last of those visits, the tech took me to see the system was working. It failed!

He checked the manual to determine the "fault code" of the blinking red light. BAD BATTERY was the result. They had replaced the factory units with some "unbranded" cheap batteries...even though replacement with quality batteries would have been covered under warranty.

The on-demand hot water heater would work about 1/2 the time. For the first eleven months, I repeatedly advised them of a problem. They would check it and get it to work...intermittently. Finally the manufacturer did replace the unit.

Some of the multiple visits to the repair facility were to deal with both of these problems. Bottom line is that there was only one significant problem with the SS; namely the defective water heater. The replacement did work; but the design of those units is definitely sub-standard.

The other two issues (back-up camera and defective batteries) were a result of the decisions made by the dealership. My 2015.5 Unity is from the same dealership. I'm pleased to report that their service manager has been replaced; along with some other personnel. A few minor issues with the Unity have been dealt with promptly and with a much improved attitude.

There was one additional problem. Twice the Pioneer navigations system would not power-up. After driving for 10-20 minutes, it would suddenly come alive with music and with navigation commentary. I had no back-up camera until the system activated. During two visits to the dealership, they refused to replace the unit for the usual "no visible failure" reason.
I finally paid a $200 deductible to have the unit replaced using my extended warranty coverage (not the factory warranty).

During "campfire conversations" at various RV parks, I've learned that most RV owners experience problems at the outset. The rather universal comment is that the dealers don't much care once you're off the lot. I do believe that LTV is one of the better products.

Winnebago 2016 Via 25P
PDX_Don is offline   Reply With Quote