Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-19-2015, 02:32 PM   #1
KC

Leisure Travel Van

Can anyone tell me what the warranty is for these RVs? Looking for Coach.

Thanks KC

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2015, 09:28 PM   #2

3 years or 36,000 miles covering all craftsmenship entailed in the manufacture of the motorhome only. This does not include the chassis or the appliances/equipment. Appliances/equipment are covered by the warranties of their respective manufacturers. Mercedes Benz Sprinter warranty is 5 years/100,000 miles on the engine and the outer body and 3 years/36,000 miles limited warranty on the rest of the vehicle.

2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 09:36 AM   #3

Any ideas or recommendations on getting your unit serviced. I have a BMW X5 and service is every 10K miles. No question, I have to go to a BMW dealer. I would hate to have to drive to Canada once a year for service. Also, I would think the dealer selling these units would offer an extended warranty. I would think the first thing to give you problems would be the refrigerator. I have to say, I never thought I’d consider a Class B RV but this Unity has got my attention.

One last thing: are the jacks needed? Are they worth the cost? Most parks are fairly level these days and at 25ft I’m not sure you need them. Thanks a lot for your time and feedback. It's truely appreciated.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #4
KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfish View Post
3 years or 36,000 miles covering all craftsmenship entailed in the manufacture of the motorhome only. This does not include the chassis or the appliances/equipment. Appliances/equipment are covered by the warranties of their respective manufacturers. Mercedes Benz Sprinter warranty is 5 years/100,000 miles on the engine and the outer body and 3 years/36,000 miles limited warranty on the rest of the vehicle.
Thank you!!!!!thumb:
Old 03-20-2015, 04:08 PM   #5

The stabilizer jacks do not level the unit, they only reduce its movement when parked. I've got them and they do help.

If you are going to use the refrigerator continuously an extended warranty is probably worth it. We have used ours continuously since April and had the thermostat go out last month.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
Old 03-20-2015, 07:45 PM   #6

Thanks 2LT and Jackfish for your valuable input and feedback.
Ive know for years that Triple-E and Leisure were a top shelve Canadian company and operation. Ill be running up to Les Vegas this weekend (I hope). Wagon Trail RV has a 2015 U24MB that the financing just fell through and is back up for sale. The only drawback is it has a diesel generator. No way do I want to add an extra $4K plus to my buying experience.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:27 PM   #7

Recon4
Wondered why you would be concerned about getting a diesel gen, that would be my preference. A propane gen would be a show stopper for me. Much easier to get diesel than propane. But that is just me. The LV Unity is a nice unit. I am looking at the Unity TB as my next RV. I like having my bed made up all the time. Have had my Libero for 5 years - no problems. As far as minor things such as a Refrigerator Thermostat failing, this is pretty small stuff, I have never paid for extended warrantiy, but again that is me. Others might feel comfortable with it. Good luck whatever option you go with.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:04 PM   #8

Libero: Point well taken on the diesel vs the propane. But, it's always about the money, and I don't see myself full-timing in a class-B rig. I'm thinking long weekends and perhaps two or three 10 to 15 day trips a year max. Anyway, thanks for the feedback. Always appreciated.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:25 PM   #9

A refrigerator thermostat failure is not minor in money and time cost.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:53 AM   #10

Jackfish - I suspct if one is not a DIY person, small things can = big bucksm@ $100+ per hr.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:03 PM   #11

SS vs Unity TB

I have just traded my 2014 Free Spirit SS for a 2015.5 Unity TB (twin bed). Had many problems with the SS for the one year I owned it. I've only had the Unity for about 6 weeks. Just concluded a 1500 mile trip from Portland OR to Lake Tahoe CA and back to Portland via Pacific coast highway.

Had no problems with the Unity. Got roughly 15 mpg overall while towing a Scion xD hatchback. At 7000 feet altitude, the Sprinter was a bit sluggish; but at lower altitudes performance was very acceptable.

I've modified interior for work purposes since I travel single and provide computer software support when I'm on the road. Removed one mattress and installed a custom cabinet with hinged "hatches" for access to significant storage area. Houses a Dometic freezer and Dometic ice-maker with lots of room to spare. Also a place for my wireless computer-printer. A wireless HDMI transmitter on the computer provides signal to the extra TV without any wiring concerns and from anywhere...even outdoors close to the RV.

Also installed a 32" TV/monitor for work purposes. The unit comes with
two standard TV's (bedroom and galley area.) Modified switching to show satellite programming on any/all 3 tvs.

Extras include macerator, stabilizing jacks, keyless entry. Added solar panel and roof-mount Dish satellite unit. Probably not suitable for full-time living; but comfortable for the 10-day trip.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:11 PM   #12

Unity TB

Here's photo of the modification; replacing one twin-bed with storage/work cabinet. Vent to allow airflow circulation for freezer and icemaker.
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2015, 04:30 PM   #13

Cool setup - LOOKS GREAT
Old 06-29-2015, 12:06 AM   #14

This was really informative post for me! Thank you so much for sharing your opinions guys. Anyway, I just got back from my Australia trip. I visited Australia with my friends and we had loads of fun over there. We hired the reliable service of campervan hire Australia company. It was such a great experience!

Tags
travel