Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2016, 08:29 PM   #1

Leisure Travel Van - Unity

Hello Unity Owner,

I am looking into many options for may travel and RVing... Been looking at class A in both of Gas and Diesel, and now trying to explore the class B as well to make sure that I have all stone unturn before putting the money in to purchase one that best suit.

Having that said, here is my dilemma... The LTV Unity design looks really nice in a way that it is compact but roomy. It housed on top of the Mercedes Bend Chassis.

Back in 2003, I purchased a brand new Mercedes Benz E500, love the drive, the handling, the power, etc. due to the best suspension available from MB. However, on the other hand, is MB charge an arm and a leg for their service, all of the services have to be done by MB because is the specialized part. Owned the car for 7 years to 100,000 miles before I get rid of it, it cost me at least over $20,000 in repair which not including extremely expensive schedule maintenance like the tune-up, brake, etc.

My question is does the Unity with the MB chassis requires you to have the RV service by MB to keep it in the warranty period? I know that my car was in the year 2003, but how is the dependability of MB engine now a day in 2015 forward? and what is your annual maintenance cost for this MB chassis on the Unity?

Thanks for your sharing.
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2016, 07:40 AM   #2

You might get answers to your questions posing them in the Sprinter Chassis forum here on ivr2. Also another source of detailed LTV Unity info is on the Sprinter Forum www.sprinter-source.com/forum/index. There's a separate forum page for LTV Unity.
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:29 AM   #3

Thanks,

TL
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:46 PM   #4

Unity Price - Demand and Discount

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f259/leis...nd-253030.html

Here is a link to another recent thread addressing the discount on the LTV Unity -
User1011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel