Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-03-2015, 05:38 AM   #15

The easy solution we do for kitchen items is to simply use separate smaller containers and put them in the cabinets. You can get clear plastic to be able to still see what's in them and pack them up with things that will fall over, roll over, or cups, etc. It also helps keep things organized. We find that in a small class B organization of things really helps altho we ended up with the Era not the Travato (were looking at the Travato). Do hope if someone on here gets the 59K when it arrives to please post pics and reviews.
cjscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2015, 05:38 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
The 3rd button on the stereo sets to outside speakers...I love it while puttering around 59k. We haven't used much space in medicine cabinet...closet containers hold a lot. Put bikes on rack easily but holdout units were a bit difficult to set up. Leaving them on the rack. Looking into modifying our fold-down bike rack in receiver hitch for spare tire carrier. Our shut-off valve for propane won't work. .Flagg RV going to replace it. Heading off somewhere for a few days later this week.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:52 PM   #17

TV Sound Volume in House Stereo

There is another setting that toggles the sound output between "Variable" and "Fixed". It is in the TV menu a couple of tabs to the right. I could take pictures if someone needs them.

If "Variable" is selected (factory default) the sound can be controlled with the TV remote but you have to turn it way up.

In "Fixed" mode, the sound through the house receiver is much louder and I think sounds better but you have to use the receiver remote to control the sound. Two remotes, but better sound. Remember to turn of the TV speakers (in the TV menu, 1st tab I think).
ohiobmwbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:55 PM   #18

We have the Travato. For the bathroom cBinet, I bought the Command strips, with a hanging hook. I placed things in little clear, cloth bags. They seemed to be ok at first, but then fell off. I am looking for a better idea. I do have the hangers above the sink for potholder a, towel. I have done the same thing to hand towels in the bathroom ,

I am open to any ideas. We do have the bike rack and kayak rack. We bought a 5'5" ladder to have one person stand on to lift the bikes. We are 5'2 and 5'6" tall.

We also bought a Thule box to fit in the hitch and all the camping things are stored in that.
Toshiaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:04 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
To keep stuff from falling over in cabinets I use a pressure adjustable bar that I purchased from camping store. I also use it in the bathroon medicine cabinet.
Maegri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:10 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
I have the bike and Kayak racks on my new 2016 59K. When I asked Winnebago how to get the kayaks up on top they could not give me an answer. So I went searching and came up with a Monroe lift system. I had to replace the J racks (which Fiamma had put on with the roof rack) with the Monroe system to do this. I hope this helps someone else. Winnebago should not be selling this with kayak racks that cannot be accessed. As we were told in the instructions not to get up on the roof. Who would want to take a chance at 9 ft high anyway.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:23 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
WE have the 2016 59K which we purchased in June with the full roof rack, kayak and bicycle rack. After changing the J racks on the roof to Monroe since they have a lift system we have been able to get the kayaks up. The bike rack works well but some effort to get the bikes up there. So far the problems other than the kayak J racks are: Generator and Air Condition system noisy- others may be able to tolerate the noise. I need quite to sleep. They are working well. Hot water good. Vehicle running well and has good power and stability. Problems with bathroom faucet and shower which are being addressed by Winnebago. On first long trip of 3 weeks we carried kayaks and put golf clubs on bike rack. We need an canvas bag on roof to hold the leveling devices and looking for hard compact roof carrier. Used velcro tape to attach some things to inside roof of cabinets. As we have twin beds cut a board the width of between the beds, stained it and put in in the aisle with a bolster insert for a king size bed when needed. Also use the bolster the length of the bed for a back cushion to make a sofa during the day. Store the board held with Velcro on the underside passenger side when not in use.