Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:16 PM   #1

More Travato Questions

Hello again. Just finished trip number three in the Travato and I am still getting a few things dialed in. We have a 2nd gen 2015 Red Travato without the racks. I knew I would not utilize the kayak rack or ladder so I did not want the $$ upgrade. I really would like the bike rack. It is $$ though and I don't want to pull the trigger unless I know I am going to love it. Does anyone have the rack? If so is it great? I am fussy about my bikes and I also want to make sure it is easy to use.

Has anyone had trouble with the satellite radio? My channels seem to lag. For instance I will have turned the channel from 15 to 95 but it will still say 15 on the screen.

Anyone figure out for the bathroom cabinet to keep stuff from falling all over? Same with stuff above the stove/sink.

Thanks and happy travels

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2015, 06:18 PM   #2

I have the bike and kayak racks on my new van. You can order them separately, as my dealer had one on the way with just the bike rack.

It's wonderfully solid and holds two bikes. The door swings open with the bike loaded - you don't feel the weight of them on the door. They do attach a cable on the door (in the jamb) so that the door doesn't open out as far and have your bike hit the side of the van.

The downside to this rack is you have to lift your bike up to about chest high and set them on the rack. For most bikes ~25 lbs or so, that should be no problem. With a heavy bike, like an e-bike (~50 lbs) it can be a struggle. There is almost infinite adjustment to the supports and straps to fit a variety of bike sizes.

Lag on the radio is not exclusive to the Uconnect radio in the RAM. I've had others that do it occassionally. You could try making a warranty claim on it, but you'll probably see it again on a new radio. Just the nature of the beast.

Other than packing stuff in your cabinets tightly, there is not much you can do about stuff moving around inside your cabinets. In the one over the kitchen, I use a Camco thing to hold my plates - it has rubber feet and stays put in about the center of the cabinet. I pack everything in around that "fixed" item and it keeps things put mostly.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #3

Thanks! I have satellite radio in my car and I have not experienced that lag.

Thanks for the insight on the rack. I know Thule has a similar rack but is a European only product. I have contacted Fiamma US and was told the rack was over $700. I think it would be worth it to me to be able to open the rear doors. Drilling the holes for installation makes me a bit nervous to say the least!!
Old 04-09-2015, 11:11 AM   #4

Where can one see, feel, touch a 59K? Online searches for two weeks and only in Iowa or MT. None east of the mighty mississippi??????
Old 04-09-2015, 11:39 AM   #5

Good luck. Only a handful have been built so far.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #6

TV

Great review Win ! I have an early '15 with all upgrades except new water tank cushion, bed strap, storage mesh under bed and new ac unit with baffles....Do you know if tv is wired so that you can play thru stereo... I was down in WV over the weekend and was trying to listen to the NCAA thru outside speakers....couldnt figure it out...THanks again Win for great review...Love my Travato !!
Old 04-09-2015, 04:54 PM   #7

Yes you can play the TV sound thru the outside speakers. Should be put the stereo on aux and then select one of the zones - there are 3 switches on the stereo marked A, B and C - it's one of them.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:45 PM   #8

Shower door

Does your Shower door make much noise while underway ?
Old 04-10-2015, 07:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by movethemup View Post
Does your Shower door make much noise while underway ?
Not that I notice. Be sure to have it open and the strap secured with the snap while you are underway.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:53 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Yes you can play the TV sound thru the outside speakers. Should be put the stereo on aux and then select one of the zones - there are 3 switches on the stereo marked A, B and C - it's one of them.
One other note on this. I found that in order to hear the TV though the stereo system you have to really crank up the volume. If you just leave it at normal levels you won't hear anything. In addition, if you stay in the coach to listen you will probably want to use the TV menu to turn off the speakers on the TV, otherwise you'll hear an "echo" due to the slight delay between the two systems.
RTVATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkdwitch View Post
Where can one see, feel, touch a 59K? Online searches for two weeks and only in Iowa or MT. None east of the mighty mississippi??????
There is a 59K on it's way to Flagg RV in Uxbridge, MA. I think they said it will be in in June, but if you go to their site there is more info. We recently purchased an Era from them. They're a great dealer.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:50 PM   #12

Medicine Cabinet and BroB Bed

In preparation for my first multi-night trip with a friend, I tried out several ways to keep toilet articles easy to use and functional. First, I mounted a plastic container to the right of the sink with Command removable strips and placed a couple of plastic toothbrush, toothpaste, razor holders along with a bath wash dispenser, shampoo, shaving cream, etc. Then I realized that downward pressure on the soap dispenser would probably overcome the adhesive ability of the Command strips and moved the soap/body-wash dispenser to the read medicine cabinet which is rigid. To hold it in place while moving (but making it removable for refill) I fastened it with velcro to the back of the cabinet with the spout facing out. I did something similar in the corner of the kitchen cabinet with the dish soap. As I add more items to the medicine cabinet, I will add more velcro. It should work.

Incidentally, since my wife is not highly enthusiastic about RVing, I decided upon the Travato 59G as the perfect "BroB" to go camping with my buddies. It is the only RV under 21 feet that I know of that is designed with 2 separate sleeping areas that gives good separation in case one snores, etc. In the 2015 edition, the second bed has the advantage of being nearly a double, with visual and auditory separation from a wall with a cabinet and fridge, but with the disadvantage of blocking entry via the side door once the bed has been made up. My solution is to leave at home the large, extra cushion (with the metal bar) that completes the double bed but blocks the entrance. This leaves a twin bed for the legs and a double for the head, not a bad compromise for one person, while allowing easy entrance via the slide-out step. It also offers the advantage of not having to store that huge extra pillow.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:20 AM   #13

for the bath room in my trailer I made a simple divider that works really well., I cut out of 1/8 plywood pieces about the size of a playing card--5or 6 of them. Sand and round the corners and edges so not to damage hands. Stacked boards and drill a hole (big enough for 1/4 all-thread rod) in the bottom right and half way up on the left side edge. Cut the all-thread rod to the length of the cabinet maybe less by and inch. Then pass the all-thread through the holes holding the boards in place with 1/4 nuts and spacing the boards 2-3 inches apart.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:30 AM   #14

Clever idea. Let us know when you start selling these!! Cheers.