Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2015, 06:53 PM   #1

Murphy Beds

OK, here's the thing. We have a Gulfstream Class B - name of Belinda- and I am so sick and tired of making and remaking the bed time after time. We have looked for Class Bs with permanent beds, and none of them seem to be the ticket. So, I went looking on line, saw the new Unity U24MB which has a murphy bed, wondered if it would be possible to put one of those into Belinda. Our existing bed is pretty much a disaster, the legs no longer work, the screws are MIA, and we are running out of viable wood struts to replace the legs. Anyone have any ideas? I have no idea how much it would cost, but it seems to me it might be worth a try. Let me know what you think.
nemlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2015, 08:49 PM   #2

I have long considered this a great idea for families with small children. Store the bed in the morning to make a larger play area on rainy days. Wall-beds
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:19 PM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
My first reaction is it may be possible but probably expensive. It may be easier and cheaper to just find a rig with a bed you like.
camper19709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:40 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I have long considered this a great idea for families with small children. Store the bed in the morning to make a larger play area on rainy days. Wall-beds
Very cleaver. Gives me some ideas to replace a jackknife sofa.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:24 PM   #5

Look into America Leather of Dallas Texas. We have their Comfort Sleeper in our C. They come in several sizes/styles, which could probably fit into the space of your Jack-Knife. These sofas fold up with the bedding in place and are quite comfortable to sleep on.
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:42 AM   #6

i saw a older rv last week that had a bed that droped down from the celing
rbpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:41 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmanjay View Post
Look into America Leather of Dallas Texas. We have their Comfort Sleeper in our C. They come in several sizes/styles, which could probably fit into the space of your Jack-Knife. These sofas fold up with the bedding in place and are quite comfortable to sleep on.
Murphy beds are not uncommon in Prevost type coaches because they have a higher ceiling. Had never considered one that was horizontal rather than vertical. Must have been having brain lock.

Anyway, I have been designing a desk and work table system for us to use and removing the desk or one of the jackknife lounges that like a murphy bed folds up out of the way when not in use.

So now I'm thinking murphy bed (so we don't lose the guest space when family comes along) with that desk/work table system on the back of it that also folds away when not in use. With the two captains chairs up front, the remaining sofa and the dining table chair there would still be enough seating for the aforementioned guests.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:50 AM   #8

Great idea, double your space.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmanjay View Post

Are they designed to work with slides? They are nice.
Timberdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:12 PM   #10

Our American leather comfort sleeper is mounted on a slide. In fact it would almost have to be installed on a slide-out to get enough space to accommodate the length 0f the bed when unfolded. Ours becomes a full size Queen.
coachmanjay is offline   Reply With Quote