Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-06-2015, 05:59 PM   #1

My new Leisure Travel Unity MB

Wow the only word I could say.
Took possession of my long awaited baby at Winkler Manitoba. Nothing to be adjusted. Driving the MB was a charm with an average of 15mph pulling my CR V.
Had a chance to visit the plan with Mark R. Nice person that has LTV tattoo on his heart. It worth to visit the plan. All solid wood and very meticulous employees.
The waiting time was well worth.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2015, 06:17 PM   #2

Show us some pics!

BLK-9

Old 10-11-2015, 05:30 AM   #3

How long did you have to wait to get your new Unity 24MB? We ordered our last month, and we are told it could take up to 9 months.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:49 PM   #4

Apparently the delay nowadays is 8 months and a half. For us we were on the way for a 2015.5 and decided (good decision) to go for a 2016.
Everything works well and no adjustment required. We pick it up at a dealer in Wrinkler and saved several $$$$$.
We moved from a 45 ft to this 25 and have no regrets, With it we can go att all campsites and even drive in town. I would like to add that I am amazed by mileage, 15.3 l per 100kms and 16.5 with the CR V behind.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:05 AM   #5

Thanks.

Has it been difficult to downsize the storage capacity?
Old 10-13-2015, 08:11 AM   #6

You have to adjust and adapt accordingly but being able to go without worry about height and size is a major plus. Now I have access to All campgrounds.
For long stay out, the towed car will help to carry oversize light items like chairs, BBQ table etc. A must for us.
What I don't like: small gas tank size, wind effect (large trucks when driving by, have to be careful )
Old 10-14-2015, 04:24 AM   #7

Did you get a leisure lounge plus or a leisure lounge? We ordered the leisure lounge plus after watching Dean's videos, but we have not seen one in person.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:48 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurier View Post
Wow the only word I could say.
Took possession of my long awaited baby at Winkler Manitoba. Nothing to be adjusted. Driving the MB was a charm with an average of 15mph pulling my CR V.
:

Wow 15 mph, that's pretty slow.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:02 AM   #9

Congratulations! We really love this unit. Saw it at Hershey again this year and like it even more. I think this new year's model is even nicer with the leisure lounge plus and the TV that can be watched from up OR down in the cabinet, yes you can view this TV in down position inside the cabinet which now has a large window to view. Also really like that they put a mirror on the wall under the murphy bed, giving it an even larger appearance inside. Only problem for us is we may occasionally have a small child with us, but I guess there is always a sleeping bag on the floor option lol.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:27 PM   #10

We have a 2016 Unity MB on order with a late March delivery date. We will be doing some downsizing.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:43 PM   #11

Sunset, I picked up my Unity MB on 12/4/15 and have the Leisure Lounge Plus. Thoughts...Not quite as comfy as I thought due to pretty straight backs. We solve that with a pillow placed behind our back in the lumbar region. Easy enough. For us, the head pillow thingy is a waste. They are not permanent and hang over the back of the chair with a weighted bar sewn into a piece of fabric attached to the pillow. They fall off when driving. Not to mention, they are uncomfortable as they push your head forward too much (our opinion). We took them out altogether.

The chairs themselves do not start reclining until the foot/leg rest is about 1/3 way out. I'd prefer the back to recline independently (or before the footrest comes out) as the straight up and down position of the chair back is too much for me and I don't care to have my feet up a lot of the time. In other words, I'd like to tilt the seat back a bit w/o having the footrest to come out.

Also, with the slide out in, you really can't use the rearmost seat fully out unless you're height-challenged as your feet hit the tv cabinet. We are both 5'8". The forward seat needs to be angled to where your feet go into the door way area in order to fully recline. Again, if they had made it to where the backs would recline w/o the leg rest extending, then it would be just fine.

I also wish they would slide back and forth/side to side rather than just swivel in place.

I am among the first to take delivery of a leisure lounge plus, so I have to assume there are "bugs" to work out as is typical with first generation "stuff".

Aside from these "complaints", I gotta think they're the best option and with a lumbar pillow, they are not bad.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:59 PM   #12

As far as the tv...the tv down position is a great idea, but the dark plexiglass does make it more difficult to see the tv...even adjusting the brightness of the screen, it makes the image very dark. Also, you definitely need to crank up the volume to hear it...just remember to turn it down before stowing or you'll blast yourselves out next time you turn it on when it's popped up. Ask me how I know this!

FYI... I broke the plexiglass with the leisure lounge plus footrest while slide out was in. :-( Took a road trip in it with 3 adults and I was in a sling, resting in the rearmost seat while we were traveling. Because I had to "scootch" forward (couldn't use right arm) to get out of the seat, my weight on the extended footrest pushed it into the plexi and it cracked/broke. Major bummer, but fixable. At least the TV was okay.

I checked and learned it is legal for adults to travel in back w/o a seatbelt, however, it is not legal (or safe) for kids (under 18). I would not recommend taking kids in the Unity. No way to retrofit the LL Plus with a seatbelt, either.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:35 AM   #13

Thank you for this information. I also noticed several of the things that you mentioned when we were finally able to see a leisure lounge plus in person at the Tampa RV show.

Is there anyone else on this forum who has received their MB with a leisure lounge plus? We have a clause in our contract that would allow us to switch to a regular leisure lounge after getting the opportunity to see it in person.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:02 AM   #14

Good info. I wasn't aware there were no seatbelts, we may occasionally bring another. I see they have a new Murphy bed model on the Ford that looks interesting, the Wonder. Has anyone seen this? The seats in those I don't think recline tho, not sure why they did it that way and they look very straight up. Looking forward to viewing that model.

Tags
travel