Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:57 PM   #15
Fleetwood Owners Club
You may want to consider a Chinook. The last model year was a 2006. We just bought a 2005 concourse, moving from a class C.. 21 feet (last foot is essentially the rear step). 4x4 was an option. Here is a bit of details on ours. http://www.andersonadventures.com/ad...s/Chinook.html

The assets of the company were bought up by wagon trails RV, who is unveiling their new prototype this weekend. First production runs are supposed to be later this fall. (2014)

For us, being able to park in a regular van space and larger amenities than other models we considered (bathroom, holding tanks, etc), off the beaten path capability was important.

History: '08 View, '05 Chinook, '01 Jamboree 24D, '78 Apache Popup, 81 Komfort Tlr,
84 Mazda B2000 'w canopy,
Tent from wedding shower in '96
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2014, 06:16 AM   #16
They have a terrific floor plan. Every one I seem to find is slap worn-out, as those that have them have used them thoroughly.

The Pleasure-Way Prestige is quite appealing. Love the floor plan. But a concern is the small tanks and minimal outside storage. Don't really understand it, as it has the longer wheelbase than the Pursuit, so there should be lots of room underneath the coach.

Is there another brand of new coach that is similar to the Chinook?

wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #17
I just talked to a couple that went on a 4,000 mile trip in the Sprinter Chassis motorhome. He said they got 14 MPG on the entire trip.

Gas mileage

I have a 2012 Ford E350 van with a 5.4 gas engine. The best MPG I get is 14 MPG on the factory computer. If you add another 4,000 to 6,000 lbs how can you get more MPG. My estimate is all class c and b gas motorhomes get under 10MPG.
TCHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #18
That seems pretty poor mileage. We have put 20,000 miles on our LTV Unity 24MB in the past six months. Two trips cross country one via I-70 Nevada to Connecticut through the Rockies one on the southern route (Nevada to Florida) almost exclusively on US routes. Plus several trips in the southwest Bryce, Death Valley, etc. Worst mileage was 15 best was 18.2 we average a solid 16-16.5. Generally travel at 65-70 mph while on interstate. Truly my only complaint with the Sprinter is that you need to carry several bottles of DEF as the reservoir is a little on the small side
rtdavew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:43 PM   #19
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a 2007 pleasure-way Plateau TS (2.7L engine) that I have over the past 10,000 miles achieved a nominal 21+ mpg average! which we really like. However, we have been having a series of issues that make us doubt the overall reliability of the rig. So we have been looking at the new units both with the 2.1 and 3.0 liter engines on the same model. What we cannot find is a straight answer to what the expected milage to expect. The milages given by dealers, etc. range from 14 to 20 mpg. What are people who actually travel with similar or exact models really experiencing? I really would input!

Thanks for your help,

Bobster5637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:59 PM   #20
As you see in another thread, I decided to get the Winnebago Travato.

The Promaster chassis with the front-drive V6 is getting a real 17-18 mpg.

The one I purchased had 16.9 mpg on the display from the test driving miles with 1200 miles on the clock. So that leads me to believe the mileage claims.

With that kind of economy, it's a no-brainer to go with a gas drivetrain on a "B".

wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote