Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
Freightliner Owners Club
New 2014 Pleasure-Way Sprinter Blindspot Problem

I brought my brand new 2014 Sprinter Pleasure-Way TS (chassis and the coach works are 2014 models) into the local Mercedes dealer with a Sprinter related problem. The blind spot detection system appeared not to be working. The technician used their scan gauge to reveal that there was indeed a problem with the system, but without further investigation that would entail dis-assembly of the inter-workings of dash at an enormous cost; they would be unable to determine the cause or possible solution. Since they could not determine if it were a Mercedes or a Pleasure-Way issue, the work was not covered under their warranty.

As it turns out, the system was really working as it should. When a trailer is attached to the electrical system, the blind spot detection feature is automatically disabled. Pleasure-Way had moved the spare tire to a location in front of the rear door (driver side) and had tied the new tail and license plate light to the trailer wiring loom. As a result, the Sprinter computer interpreted this connection to be a trailer and disabled the blind spot system. I contacted Pleasure-Way and they have since determined a solution to the problem. I am waiting on the corrective kit and installation to ultimately resolve this issue. Hopefully, if others with the 2014 Sprinter have the same problem and take it to a Mercedes dealer, they will be able to find help without performing the same indeterminate diagnostics. As an aside, Pleasure-Way was very helpful and understanding of the issue and has offered to reimburse the dealer's charges.

Hopefully, this will help others to avoid costs and inconvenience.

Bobster5637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #2
Freightliner Owners Club
Has anyone else had this problem with a Pleasure-Way Plateau on a 2014 chassis that was wired in such a way that the blind spot detection system would automatically be disabled? My unit was manufactured late in 2013 and used the 2014 Sprinter chassis. The fix isn't all that complicated, but surely, I should not have been the first to complain since we purchased our RV in late May 2014. I would really appreciate hearing from any others that have had a similar problem.

Bobster5637 is offline   Reply With Quote