Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-17-2016, 09:28 AM   #1

Nexus Viper vs. Phoenix Crusier

My personal debate is down to these two. I am hoping to find some folks here with experience with these coaches. My plan is to go FT with the animals and do most of my time in the national lands. I would get them with their solar options and wondering how well that will work.

A keep looking at the pros and cons I see in both and so far I have not come to a winner. I am drawn to the look and feel of the PC 3100 but when my computing brain takes over, some of the construction advantages of the Viper (V27) would tilt the scale that way. I know folks say layout counts most but I can't ignore the function part.

Wondering how well they handle hot and cold weather, noise, etc. Since these two use different brands for the appliances, the leveling jacks, the slide mechanism, etc. their functionality, durability and ease of use and maintenance could be very different. Fiberglass versus sheet metal storage bins. Macerator vs the less pretty but less breakable normal dump. Steel frame vs Aluminum frame. Yep - I keep arguing all these points with myself.

I would really appreciate hearing good and bad from any of you who have owned either of these units. How well did your RV function over time. Would you buy from that company again?

Thanks for your time and your thoughts

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2016, 06:06 PM   #2

I own a Phoenix Cruiser 3100 and am very happy with it. It is a very well constructed unit and drives well. I have owned 12 RVs and think it is one of the best I have owned. I have not owned a Nexus .

Old 04-29-2016, 07:19 AM   #3

Thanks for the input, Dynadave. On another forum I kept finding folks with the shorter PCs. I wondered if the length (and rear overhang) on the 3100 would drive well.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:05 PM   #4

My Phoenix drives better than the 25' Coachmen, 27' Dynamax Isata, and 26' Born Free that I had. I find that the longer motor homes drive better on the highway than the shorter ones however maneuverability is sacrificed in town and in campgrounds.