Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #1

Pleasure Way Excel Water Leaks

I have a 2012 Excel TS that leaks like crazy and I cannot seem to find anybody that can give advise on getting them fixed. Here are the issues

1:Tail lights leak into rear inside corners.
2:Rear door windows occasionally leak from the bottom up.
3:Passenger side rear door leaks into carpeted area inside door.
4:One of the two upper front windows leaks onto micro wave.
5:Massive leak through firewall onto drivers side floor.
6:If you remove the A pillar trim on both sides you will see that they have been leaking through the seams for a long time as there are rust run marks at the bottom of each pillar.
7:Water leaks down some of the screws that penetrate the roof where the fibre glass and metal roofs join.
8:And the newest leak is over each side rear window and the interior fabric walls and curtains are now stained by some black substance that was in the water.

Items 3 and 4 may be fixed (by me). On items 2,3,5 and 6 I have been to three different Ford dealers and had the windshield resealed twice and various other attempted repairs with no positive results. With help from Neil at PW I think we know what the fix is for number 5 and I am working with a ford dealer to perform that repair.

Nobody on the pleasureway owners group seems to have had any water leaks so i thought I would ask for advise here. I have had this unit since new (16 months) and have been trying to resolve these leaks basically since new. I have no dealer support locally because I didn't buy it from the local dealer so he is not helpful. Any advise is appreciated.

Stan Lemon
2012 Pleasure Way Excel

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #2

I had the two upper windows leak on my 2013 a week after I bought it. Called a local glass place and they resealed both. They said there was next to no sealer there originally. I'm going to check the other places you mention on mine in the morning, but haven't noticed any leaking elsewhere (yet )

Old 01-02-2014, 11:39 AM   #3

Stan any updates or progress on getting warranty work? Is Neil at PW still helping you out? Thanks.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:12 AM   #4

Yes Neil is still working with me. Because we are gone for the winter we will be addressing this issue when we return in the spring. We are hopefull that it will be resolved then.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
8 leaks is a lot in a PW.

What happened to the same thread in RV.NET? It is now locked and some of has been deleted.

My thought is that being in the middle of Canada would make it real hard to find a dealer large enough to do anything. The OP needs to take it to one of the large dealers in the States such those near Dayton. There are two within twenty miles in that area. That would be about 600 miles trip for the OP.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
I have to retract my comments of the thread being locked on rv.net. However, some of the posts have been deleted as probably violating rules.

I personally own a PW and am disappointed that this is all occurring. I started out thinking that possibly the op was disgruntled for some reason. The number of leaks, 8 total, is really unimaginable in a PW and farther even more unbelievable since other PW owners are not reporting similar experiences. Another observation is that about half of the leaks are Ford problems rather than PW's. I also find it hard to believe that if real PW has not sent a rep down to look things over. I am really anxious to have this issue resolved and to know the details.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #7

Any updates or Luck this past month Stan? Thanks.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:38 AM   #8

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv2fan View Post
Any updates or Luck this past month Stan? Thanks.

I am away until May in my other motor home (Phaeton 36GH) and will be resealing all of the screws on the roof seam when I get home. Neil believes that will solve the problem and I am hopeful that it will. Until then she sits in my driveway under a mountain of snow.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #9

Closing comments

I think we have reached the end of the road on the PW leak issues and I wanted to update the forum members on the outcome. On the major roof seam leak I removed the trim molding around the roof and resealed every single screw and after a bubble test (paid for by PW) there appears to be no more water leaks from the roof seam. The local Ford dealer removed the dash board and repaired the hole in the firewall and that appears to be the end of that leak. I resealed both upper roof windows and hopefully that is the end of that leak. I have found the source of the side entry door and tail light leaks and sealed them. Looks like we can get on with enjoying this little motor home. A happy outcome .... finally.

Tags
excel, leak, leaks, water, water leak