Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2016, 08:03 PM   #1

Pleasure Way Plateau XLTD

Looked at the TD model. Very impressive features fit and finish. Where do owners fit outdoor camp chairs? Outside storage spaces didn't appear to be big enough for camp chairs.

Comparing to Winnie View, the PW is much nicer. Space and storage are my main concerns.
Chriswar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2016, 09:23 AM   #2

A stow box is a good option but you do have to swing it away to open the rear doors. Or a tow car holds stuff.
Leslie
ilesliemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:01 PM   #3

A hitch mounted storage box might not work. Planning to tow a boat. Don't know if a box will fit between boat and RV.
Chriswar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 05:34 AM   #4

Why not store the lighter bulkier things in the boat?
Guessing you would have a boat cover to keep stuff from flying out or tied down.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 05:34 PM   #5

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1461540721.463580.jpg
Views: 2344
Size:  50.1 KB
These Camp chairs fold up really small and possibly you could store them inside on the floor at the back.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriswar View Post
Looked at the TD model. Very impressive features fit and finish. Where do owners fit outdoor camp chairs? Outside storage spaces didn't appear to be big enough for camp chairs.

Comparing to Winnie View, the PW is much nicer. Space and storage are my main concerns.
We looked at one of these; they are far better quality than the Winnie View. We also had the same storage concern. We prefer the Leisure Travel Vans Unity TB. Although a bit longer, there is a lot of cargo space. I also did not like the boxy look of the Plateau; the Unity is more streamlined in appearance. Give it a look.

On the downside, unless you get lucky and a dealer has just what you want, there is about a 6 month wait for orders. These are very popular MHs. In fact, LTV has quit making class Bs so they can keep up with demand for the Unity. They are still hand built, not mass produced, which explains the premium prices. We did find a few used units with low miles. Dealers are scarce, though we are blessed to have a Pleasure-Way/Leisure Travel dealer near where my son lives in the Portland, OR area. They had a 2016 PW XLTD as well as a couple of new Unity models (just not the twin bed floor plan we are looking for). One 2014 UnityTB, but the 2016 and 17 models have some feature improvements I am willing to wait (and pay) for.

I was especially impressed with Pleasure-Way's cabinetry - very nice. We were also looking at Class B vans (which Leisure Travel no longer makes). If we were to choose a B Van, it would definitely be a PW - very nice finish. Leisure Travel Vans (probably one of the best made in the price range), on the other hand, has brought some very innovative ideas to RV design. They appear to be willing to go "outside the box" to create floor plans that optimize the smaller size of the relatively new B+ MHs. In my mind, this is an indication that they care about their customers, as well as their bottom line

At the moment, I feel we have found the perfect (as near as you can get anyway) MH for us in the LTV UnityTB. I am not willing to give up cargo space, a separate sleeping area with real beds, and a dry bath for a Class B MH that is a bit more maneuverable and gets a few more MPG. As you probably realize, if you've been comparing, there is little price difference between comparable B and B+ units. Bs can even be a bit more.

I believe these two makes (PW and LTV) offer some of the best value in the RV market. Resale value is unmatched which, in my opinion, is important, should your needs change or you decide the choice you made is just not right for you.

Good luck in your search. I feel your pain. If you have questions, I would gladly share some of my observations and the results of my research.
suza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 02:49 PM   #7

We have the XL unit and store our chairs in the overhead cabinet above the cab. We bought chairs that collapse in the center and store in a bag that is about 30" long and 8" in diameter.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
AZ520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:45 PM   #8

We have a PW Ascent which is smaller yet. Storage is a concern, but so far we have gotten by. Paying attention to size of items taken, & not taking things just to have them. Things we have done include: chairs we like that also store small, a charcoal grill that fold to 1 inch thick, tool kit from Lowes that uses the same handle for wrenches, screw driver bits, adjustable wrench, & hammer, put a plastic draw unit between the driver & passenger seats, bedding folded & stored on seat under TV, pillows that double as throw pillows on couch.

Basically, only take what is needed, look for smallest available, look for items that can be used for multiple functions. Be creative in how you use the available space.

May sound like we are cutting corners, but we still have the coffee maker & toaster for my wife, charcoal grill for outside cooking with iron skillet for me. I carry tools, 2 25' hoses, 2 25' electric cords, air compressor, extra tarp & poles for picnic table & or emergency, blocks for leveling rig, etc. I have to admit, the guitar rides in the shower on the road, & moves to behind the passenger seat in camp.

Anyway, it can be done. We have even hauled an extra tent on at least one occasion.

I have considered some of the options in previous posts, but so far we have gotten by with out.

I have wondered if anyone has had experience with a rear door ladder & storage on top of a sprinter. I would appreciate any thoughts on that.
OldKansan is offline   Reply With Quote