Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #1
Pleasure-Way Pursuit

Wife and I have been looking at MHs to take the place of the Outback 268RL TT we've used for the last 3 years (preceded by a Coleman Niagara pop-up following years of tent camping).

We had pretty much eliminated Class B (not "B+") units because they felt, frankly, claustrophobic to my wife. Inside height, aisle width, overall inside width, and "head" space seemed extremely cramped to her. The size did not matter much to me, the lack of insulation and soundproofing that comes with a "straight" van conversion did. So we began looking only at B+ and Class C rigs and had narrowed it down to between two Class C rigs, each around 30'

Today while net-surfing I noticed the (now old) news that Pleasure-Way had gone to a 5-year warranty. A Pursuit was pictured in the accompanying story. At that point I started researching the Pursuit.

I believe I'm correct in saying that the 2014 Pursuit has:

--More outside and inside storage than most other Class B MHs
--A real shower enclosure and large "head"
--An inside width close or equal to that of a B+ or c
--Inside height equal to a B+ or C
--A "bunk" of some kind over the driving area
--An aisle between the galley and head wider than other B MHs
--The availability of a power sofa that only requires tucking in two bolsters to complete the sleeping surface (we hate dinettes and the idea of assembling multiple pieces)
--A two door upright refrigerator
--Much better insulation and soundproofing in the body than perhaps all other Class B MHs

Can anyone comment on their experience(s) with the Pursuit (model year doesn't really matter)? It definitely intrigues me and may overcome my wife's extreme dislike of "cramped" spaces. My understanding is that the initial build quality is well above average and that many of the systems are readily accessible for at least self-diagnosis if not repair. The nearest dealer to us is only a little over 100 miles up I-85 from where we are.

Thanks, in advance, for any info and/or opinions you can provide.

Best Wishes--Carl and Margo
Atlanta, GA

PS--I realize that neither Born Free nor Coach House, each of which have models of the same approximate width and length, call these offerings a Class B. But since Pleasure-Way does, I've posted in this forum. Thanks -cgc-

MrWhipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have no experience with Pleasure Ways or their Pursuit...and I agree that it's really much more like a Class C, but since there is no overhead bunk and that's what makes a Class C RV, I guess it is a Class B (maybe a new segment - the "Super B").

But, I can offer you check-out last weeks Rollin'On TV episode where they visited Pleasure Ways... Rollin' On TV Home
The episode can be seen here: Rollin' On TV Show #2013-27 Pleasure-Way RV - YouTube

Best luck

Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (Ret), '07 Damon Outlaw #1193
I have seen gross intolerance shown in support of tolerance, Samuel Coleridge
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
The Pursuit is a class C not B or B+. There's no such animal as a B+. It's a marketing term only usually used when there's no overhead cab bed.
A class C is built off of a cab/chassis ala Pursuit. Class B is a van with the full sheet metal body
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Our Second, and last Sprinter, 4th RV
5th Wheel, B, C, B
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #4

I purchased a new 2014 Pleasure-Way Pursuit two months ago. It is indeed classified as a Class B, not a class C. Some do refer to it as a class B plus. I chose the Pursuit primarily because of the incredible quality and craftsmanship of Pleasure-Way's build. The fiberglass panels are molded to the steel frame, as opposed to using screws, eliminating potential leaks through the screws. Additionally, the roof application is a single molded fiberglass panel. My personal analogy would be similar to a lid on a shoebox. The craftsmanship on the interior is stellar. The cabinets for example, are all solid birch plywood with solid maple doors and draws. The Pursuit is the only class B model that I am aware of that possesses a full stand-up shower.

When I purchased my Pursuit two months ago, it was with the intention of 2-3 day excursions. However, recently I committed to purchase an RV lot in Blairsville, GA, as a good friend has one there. I reasoned it would be a good base to venture from, rather than the long drive out of south Florida, where I live. I am now of the mind I would like to spend extended time in the RV, and as such felt the class B would not be conducive to that choice. So this week I took a huge leap and traded my Pleasure-Way for a 2014 Newmar Dutch Star 3736, as a customer build order. I have traded my Pleasure-Way Pursuit to Northtrail RV, a large dealership in Florida with locations in both Fort Myers and Fort Lauderdale. I took a beating on the trade-in, even though it is essentially brand new with 1,900 miles. As you most likely already know, the MSRP is $109K. Northtrail RV paid me $75K. If you want a like-new Pleasure-Way Pursuit for an excellent price, you may want to consider my trade. I will be turning it in this coming Monday, 11/18.

If you would like to discuss in-person, you may call me (Hilton) at 954-757-2022.

Best of Luck!
jigsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
Definitions get hazy ... look at my avatar. Is it a Class C? I certainly wouldn't say that, yet I have a bed over the cab and a slide out. It is definitely a Class B as stated by the manufacturer.

Regardless, the Pursuit looks like it may suit you and your wife so worth checking out. Classes don't matter, getting the right RV for you does.

scubastevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:26 AM   #6
considering a Pleasureway PURSUIT (2013)

I have never owned an RV! So I am considering the Pursuit (2013) Ford E350, but I had been stuck on the Class B Vans- PLateau series on MB chassis. When I viewed the PUrsuit and the spaciousness, I gravitated to this larger version of a Class B....but now I am in a dilemma...the van offers an easier "drive" and Diesel vs. the FORD Gas. The savings on the GAS model is significant. The MB I am sure will be costly to maintain vs. GAS? I owned MB autos and know how costly they are. Any help would be so very appreciated. The deal on the Pursuit is fair @ $84,000. Probably still negotiable... Thank you for your comments...please.
loveart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:26 AM   #7
Pleasure Way Pursuit

I love my 2013 Pursuit. I own the gas model. My thoughts on gas vs. diesel are that it is a wash. Diesel gets better gas mileage, but the fuel is more expensive to buy and maintenance costs tend to be more expensive. But, that is a personal choice. I am getting 11 mpg. I'm hoping as time goes by it gets a little better. The Pursuit is a dream to drive and can be parked in a regular parking spot. I love the size of the bathroom, also. Now, the negative - it is small. If you will be travelling with another, you better really, really like them.
MorrisLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 08:55 AM   #8
I have just purchased a 2013 pleasure way pursuit because it seems to be the perfect size. It is much roomier than a standard B, has a real shower, and still fits in a standard parking spot. Don't be confused about the reported width in their own brochures of 8' 5". It appears to be a mistake. Others have measured it at the back at 90". Although I have not measured it myself yet, I drive a bread truck that is 96" wide and this is obviously narrower so the 90" sounds right on to me.
rvit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #9
What kind of gas mileage are you getting in the Pursuit?
cjscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #10
Originally Posted by MorrisLand View Post
Diesel gets better gas mileage, but the fuel is more expensive to buy and maintenance costs tend to be more expensive. But, that is a personal choice. I am getting 11 mpg.
I absolutely hate it when people say diesel fuel is more expensive to buy. If you're getting 11mpg with a gasser, and 16mpg with a diesel, that's a 50% improvement in mileage. Diesel fuel in most parts of the country is only 15% more over 87 octane.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #11
I see you say you're getting 11 mpg, we get about 12 now in our 25 ft Trail-Lite B+ with the same engine but ours is light, so that doesn't sound too bad. We're looking to upgrade and really like the Pursuit. Right now are torn between a Pursuit and Winnebago Travato. Really like the idea of a shorter length than our 25 ft, tho ours isn't toooo bad. Some of the MB are only getting mid-teen mpg, altho some say more. Never considered a B until Travato, wanted B+ (and YES there is such a thing as a B+ form of a C). Pursuit is very roomy for a 22 ft, love the bathroom and big fridge, and so elegant!!

cjscotty is offline   Reply With Quote