Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2017, 08:40 AM   #1

Ram Promaster Auto Door Unlock Question

We have a 2015 Pleasureway Lexor TS built on a 2014 Ram Promaster 3500 chassis. Over the last year we have not been able to use it as frequently as we would have liked and have run into an issue that I would like some feedback on. The chassis battery goes dead if we don't start it every couple of weeks. The manual and our local Ram dealer indicate that if the vehicle is to be stored longer than 21 days that the battery should be disconnected. This is easy to do except for one little issue. The battery is under the floor in front of the driver's seat. When I unlock the driver side door all of the doors unlock. After I disconnect the battery cable there is no power to lock the doors. I can lock the driver's side door with the key but the passenger side door locks are electric with no key hole. Don't really want to leave the RV in storage with the doors unlocked. The RV is stored at a lot that doesn't have power available so I can't use a plug in battery tender.

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the Auto Door Unlock feature or if the doors will unlock when I cut power?

Any experiences with a solar powered battery tenders that sit on the dash?

Any suggestions?
pkio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2017, 10:18 AM   #2

Not convenient, but might be a solution. When you get in the vehicle to disconnect the battery, close and lock all the doors. Disconnect the battery, then exit out the driver side and lock it with the key. Don't know if it'll work but it's worth trying.
reflex439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:18 AM   #3

Ram Promaster Auto Door Unlock Question

If that works, you could add a battery disconnect switch somewhere in the cockpit. That would make it much easier, and the process would be very simple.

I.e, get in the vehicle, close the doors, lock, turn the battery disconnect switch, exit, lock with the key.
reflex439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflex439 View Post
If that works, you could add a battery disconnect switch somewhere in the cockpit. That would make it much easier, and the process would be very simple.

I.e, get in the vehicle, close the doors, lock, turn the battery disconnect switch, exit, lock with the key.

Thanks, it's on the list of things to try. I've actually got the switch and cabling. Was going to see what all gets affected when we disconnect the battery, let it sit for a week or 2 then reconnect before I install it. This is our first Ram product and still getting used to its quirks. Like if you try to start it and the battery is dead you can't remove the key.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:09 AM   #5

That worked like a charm. Not sure why I didn't try that before. Guess I was overthinking the problem. Had to jump start it again but after I ran it for 15 min I was able to remove the key, lock the doors while sitting inside and then removed the disconnect on the battery. Locked the driver side door and then checked all the remaining doors. They were all locked. On to the next issue. Just hope I haven't damaged the battery by having it run down so often.

Tags
door