Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2016, 09:22 AM   #71

Airbag

Saw on the news a week or so ago that Sprinters have a airbag problem. Anybody heard anything about a recall? My wife and I have a 2015 HAB that we bought in the fall of '14.
sssteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2016, 09:26 AM   #72
Community Administrator

That's being discussed here.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f280/dodg...ll-279653.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssteele View Post
Saw on the news a week or so ago that Sprinters have a airbag problem. Anybody heard anything about a recall? My wife and I have a 2015 HAB that we bought in the fall of '14.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:22 AM   #73

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssteele View Post
a 2015 would most likely be on a 2014 chassis, but not necessarily so. We will have to check ours too.

These airbags are a problem in a lot of other vehicles, too. Will be interesting to see what is done.

Karyl
Karyl McC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:31 AM   #74

Carolina Campers
Despite replacement and checking grounding by our RV guy (under warranty), we are still having a problem with our thermostat resetting itself to a temperature of 72 after a few cycles. This ONLY happens when it is in the LP mode, not LP/elec. We have set it in the mid to high 30's to prevent freezing and also in the 50's for sleeping and after a few cycles with no problem it resets itself to 72. After initial replacement it worked great for a bit but this week my husband had it set to 36 just to prevent interior pipes freezing (outside temps 28-31 overnight ...we are preparing for a trip so there is water in the lines) and Friday night it flipped itself to 72 again.
Has anyone else had this problem or a solution?

Karyl
Old 02-28-2016, 07:33 AM   #75

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
Has anyone gotten a recall notice regarding this?? We have not.

Karyl
Old 06-01-2016, 11:55 AM   #76

House Battery Drain?

Does anybody have guidance regarding the expected number of hours that I should be able to use the house battery? I know it depends on load, but so far my experience is that the house battery barely makes it overnight, and if I use the TV at all it does not make it overnight.

On my most recent trip we drove out a forest service road at about 9:00 at night and set up in a wide spot. It was nice and warm, so we didn't even use the heater (hence no blower load). We used the inside lights for about an hour or so, and I showed my wife how the TV works so we watched the morning news.

That was too much, the battery dropped so low that the LED lights flickered a couple of times and the refrigerator went nuts (even though it was set to gas it apparently doesn't like low battery voltage)

Does anybody get better performance than this?

..glen
glenbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 05:23 AM   #77

Tiffin Owners Club
Glen:
Something is definitely wrong with your batteries. I have dry camped through the night, using lights, TV, heater and I am amazed that when checking in the AM I still have 12.5 or 12.6 on the batteries. You either have some sort of power drain that is a short or your batteries are failing. I would start by testing the batteries with a good load tester.
When RV is stored, how to you handle the batteries?
Old 06-03-2016, 09:15 AM   #78

Len,

Thanks for the info. I'll contact my dealer (the rig is still pretty darn new). For storage I don't do anything other than hit the disconnect switch (and verify that the lights no longer work just to be sure)
glenbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:51 AM   #79

Tiffin Owners Club
Storage

I know the disconnect switch does not disconnect the chassis battery. The chassis battery has some parasitic loads, so over time, they will discharge. Might take a while but given these rigs sit unused for long periods of time for some of us, this can happen. I am skeptical about disconnecting the chassis battery, lest you think that is the answer. I worry that with hundreds of sensors and a sophisticated engine computer, a prolonged disconnect will trigger sensor faults.

Mine is stored inside my shop, with access to power. I changed the stock charger for a 4 stage charger with inverter. I leave it plugged in all the time. The coach came with a built in battery maintainer for the chassis batteries and the new charger/inverter looks after the coach batteries. The fourth stage, reached after fully charging the battery bank, gives them an occasional shot of juice then after two weeks starts a charging cycle all over.

The coach batteries may have parasitic loads even with the disconnect turned off. I don't know, but some coaches have things like LP sensors, power door steps wired to work no matter what.

Please let me know what your dealer does to resolve this for you. Ask them to tell you what type of batteries you have in both chassis and coach.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:01 PM   #80

Renegade Villagio

Hey everybody, I've been lurking around for a while. We bought our Villagio in Ft. Myers last November, 2015. We have taken this rig on so many fun trips. We took it to the Kenedy Space Center, Disney, sanibel island, fort Myers beach, myrtle beach, Ocean City, The Daytona 500 and back home to Massachusetts. Now that we are back up north, I want to just fill up the tanks and go any chance we get.

We bought ours on the way back from looking at a 1978 GMC Palm Beach that the DW couldn't deal with. She just couldn't get past the oldness. Stopped at North Trail in Ft. Myers and they had a 2014 with 4100 miles on it. Twin bed model with satellite dish, trailer break (not sure why they have that).

I did add a Go Power solar panel system to it. Real easy, run the wires down the vent pipe and into the converter under the drivers side twin bed.

We just love this RV.

How about the radio? I can't get any radio stations in anywhere we go.

Still, with no music? We just love this RV so it doesn't matter, but it would be nice to hear if anybody else has the same problem.

Heading back out soon. Hope everybody else is too!!
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:19 AM   #81

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum , CZ. So glad you are enjoying the Villagio as are we. I have never had a problem with the radio. In fact, I liked it enough to install another in my old pickup, where I needed a head unit that would display a backup camera. In your case I would suspect an antenna problem. Maybe not connected? Any good car stereo shop could check that for you, unless you can pull the head unit yourself. Trailer brake would be used if you were towing a trailer equipped with its own brakes. Car hauler, or utility trailer. Have to watch it as these rigs don't have the capacity to tow very much. Enjoy.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:22 PM   #82

We have a 2014 Renegade Villagio 25TBS with a 2013 Sprinter 3500 Chassis.

1. Our original MB battery for the coach failed and we replaced it with an AGM Battery

2. Once, we got a low DEF light but we travel with that so we put some in right away.

3. Our radio doesn't get a signal but we just use our IPODs.

4. Once, we went on a day trip and didn't come back for five days.

5. Another time, we went on a day trip and ended up at a site on the infield at the Daytona 500. Now we have that site every year.

6. We don't really have enough storage space as we would like, so we buy lots of nips cause you can just throw them anywhere and they don't take up a lot of space.

7. A wheel sensor went bad and the ABS light went on. The MB dealer fixed it.

8. Every day, I walk down the driveway to go to work and wish I had the RV keys in my hand. I see that thing just sitting there asking me to take it on another adventure to get out and see stuff, go places and just goof off as much as you can.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:29 PM   #83

We have a 2014 Renegade Villagio 25TBS with a 2013 Sprinter 3500 Chassis.

1. Our original MB battery for the coach failed and we replaced it with an AGM Battery

2. Once, we got a low DEF light but we travel with that so we put some in right away.

3. Our radio doesn't get a signal but we just use our IPODs.

4. Once, we went on a day trip and didn't come back for five days.

5. Another time, we went on a day trip and ended up at a site on the infield at the Daytona 500. Now we have that site every year.

6. We don't really have enough storage space as we would like, so we buy lots of nips cause you can just throw them anywhere and they don't take up a lot of space.

7. A wheel sensor went bad and the ABS light went on. The MB dealer fixed it.

8. Every day, I walk down the driveway to go to work and wish I had the RV keys in my hand. I see that thing just sitting there asking me to take it on another adventure to get out and see stuff, go places and just goof off as much as you can.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:52 AM   #84

Tiffin Owners Club
Battery

CZ, you posted that your MB battery failed. Is that referring to the chassis battery or coach battery? The chassis battery will discharge over time regardless of whether you leave the battery switch connected or not. If you like to store the RV unplugged and with the coach batteries switched off, I would add a battery maintainer to the chassis battery. You can access the positive post and ground under the hood quite easily, even though the battery is under the cab floor.