Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #15

I say what's all the, I say what's all the whoopin and hollerin about ? Ain't it a matter of what we as individuals like ? Sheeese, what are we saying here ?

When on the road, it doesn't matter if you are Roadtrek or Pleasure Way, the people are friendly, we all have fun, have pot lucks together, learn from each other, and share experiences. I have several very dear RT friends, whom I happen to have been adopted by, that I try to meet up with yearly. I think their vehicles are just as nifty as mine. No one talks about how RT is better than PW. I just preferred the options on mine, and they preferred the options on theirs.

What I don't understand is WHY do after market clubs divide themselves by brand ? Don't people realize that the manufacturer AIN'T paying you to be brand loyal ? Ok, so one dinner out of four when at a rally. But, do they listen to your issues ? Really? Wouldn't it make more sense to make them WORRY about keeping you as a customer ? I bet that would earn you more free dinners, they would be more receptive to your after market issues, AND you'd have more friends. Am I talkin heresy here ?

My RT friends have accepted us, as a PW owners, into their trip plans. While we joke about it, sometimes we can't help but feel like 2nd class citizens. We can't join officially because we aren't a RT owner. And why, because people want to remain loyal to a manufacturer ? Is that more important than friendship ?

Rubix cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #16

I read that you came up with a mosquito screen for the ERA. Where did you find it? Thanks

Old 07-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper1234 View Post
I read that you came up with a mosquito screen for the ERA. Where did you find it? Thanks
Casper, I don't know if you are a do-it-yourselfer, but RSchleder shared his plans with me on how he made his own screens. Did a great job too ! You might send him a note.

The commercial screen are pretty pricy. We bought some material to make our screens and then both my wife and I have had surgery on one of our hands.

Initially I was going to make a screen for side and back doors, but then realized I'm way too active when I sleep (and long too) for the back door screen to survive.
Rubix cube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #18

I am thinking of buying an ERA. I understand you found a screen for the back doors. Any info in that regard would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-28-2012, 05:40 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper1234 View Post
I am thinking of buying an ERA. I understand you found a screen for the back doors. Any info in that regard would be appreciated. Thanks
are you buying the A or X? i really like the layout of the new 2013A model.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #20

Roadtrek recall????

We recently purchased our new Roadtrek from DeMontrond here in Houston,TX (not recommended dealership) on 08/07/2012. As soon as we drove it on the highway, the generator stopped so the AC at the back stopped as well. We immediately returned the vehicle to the dealership the following day and they tried to fix the problem.

We decided to take a short trip approximately 108 miles back and forth the following weekend and guess what??? The same problem occurred. My poor kids endured the Summer heat in Texas!

Once again, we returned the vehicle and was advised to do a power management (meaning...do not watch TV, turn off the refrigerator but use the AC). Same thing happened on our next trip! I had to take off the clothes of my 3 kids at the back and stop at the nearest store to buy a battery operated fan for ventilation.

Currently, our Roadtrek is more than 30 days in the dealership and they don't know how to fix it. We went there on Saturday, requesting the dealership to exchange it to a different RV but was informed that they will trade it in but they will pay us $5000 less that what we purchased our RV!!! Painful experience!!! Any advise????
Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #21

Call Roadtrek customer service and explain the situation. Don't let anyone put you off and "go up the management ladder" until you get the problem resolved. Perhaps they will send you to a different service center/dealer which sounds like a good deal to me. You paid a lot of $$ for your class B, Roadtrek has an obligation to "get it right"!! IMHO it's time to get tough and probably divorce the dealer that has been trying to fix the problem. As a last resort, tell Roadtrek to pick it up, take it to the factory to fix or send a qualified technician to the van's location for proper repairs. In a case like yours, the factory should become your best friend.
Best of luck, please keep us informed.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
Call Roadtrek customer service and explain the situation. Don't let anyone put you off and "go up the management ladder" until you get the problem resolved. Perhaps they will send you to a different service center/dealer which sounds like a good deal to me. You paid a lot of $$ for your class B, Roadtrek has an obligation to "get it right"!! IMHO it's time to get tough and probably divorce the dealer that has been trying to fix the problem. As a last resort, tell Roadtrek to pick it up, take it to the factory to fix or send a qualified technician to the van's location for proper repairs. In a case like yours, the factory should become your best friend.
Best of luck, please keep us informed.

Thanks for the advice! It's been a very "painful experience". We already e mailed Roadtrek several times and have not heard anything back. According to the manager of DeMontrond, Roadtrek is blaming "Onan" generator and vice versa. I also filed a complaint to BBB about the dealership. Our motohome is still in the repair department of the dealership. We're thinking about trading Roadtrek with Ace Thor 29.2 but we don't want to deal anymore with DeMontrond. They told us they will take the Roadtrek at a lesser value....oh my...oh my....The sad thing is the factory location of Roadtrek is in CANADA
Old 10-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #23

Roadtrek seems to be interested in good customer service. I have an RT and have contacted them a couple times and I've found them to be eager to help. I'm surprised they haven't returned your emails but as RSleder suggested, i would give them a call. 1-888-ROADTREK (762-3873).

I'm sending you a PM.
diepenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:41 PM   #24

anadaquigan, any updates or progress?
Old 11-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #25

anadaquigan told me the problem turned out to be a bad generator. The dealer replaced it with a new one under warrantee.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #26

well what a relief. And a kinda rare thing to happen i guess. Thanks for the update Jim.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #27

MotorHome magazine readers picked Roadtrek for Class B Motorhome readers Choice Awards. "MotorHome 2012 Readers’ Choice Award Gold winner"
Old 12-01-2012, 07:43 AM   #28

Roadtrek seems to be ahead of the game when it comes to innovation. They recently introduced their new RS E-Trek. An all electric version of one of their sprinter models. Here is an article with video. Pretty cool! http://http://roadtreking.com/roadtr...r-boondocking/