Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #29

Boondocking, How do you run the e-trek a/c for hours and hours? Let the engine idle via high output alternator? Or onboard generator? Thanks for the link.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #30

I believe the short answer to your question is yes, the engine generator is part of the overall system. Dry camping or boondocking seems to have been a significant part of the overall planning and design. I found this quote "the engine generator as described by Jim Hammill at RT runs the diesel vehicle engine as a generator and will fully charge the eight AGM battery bank in forty minutes". Besides the solar panel and engine generator (actually and alternator) there is an optional fuel cell generator listed on the press release. Roadtrek Motorhome, RV Camper Van, Class B Motor Homes It's obvious that Roadtrek has done their homework to design a unit that will change camping. No generator nor propane is an attactive option.

There will be more information available as units roll out from assembly. I will be attending a Roadtrek rally in a few months and I'm sure the comapny will have an e-trek there. I am perfectly happy with my current RT but the new technology is fascinating. I'm looking forward hearing feedback from the first owners and watching all this new technology work.

diepenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #31

With kids, a class C might be a better. A class C probably will cost less than a class B...go figure. Anyway there are class C units that look like a bigger versions of class B units. Again - just thinking about the kids. Not sure what you would do on a rainy day.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #32

Not a lot of talk about the Interstate on this thread. I drove by a pair of them at Safford RV along I-95 in VA and they definitely got me thinking as I chugged along in my Yukon XL, bursting at the seams with our family of six, black lab and four suitcases.
Any thoughts on Sportsmobile? Glancing at their website, you can custom build a near clone of the Interstate for under $90k, and in basically any color. I really like the idea of a fully self-contained 7-passenger boondocker that looks like a stock Sprinter people hauler.
One other comment on the Interstate... It's the only rear couch layout I've seen that includes a seatbelt on the side-facing "ottoman," making it an 8 passenger vehicle.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #33

Here is a bit more about the new Roadtrek eTrek. Mike and Jennifer Wendland took posession of one of the first ones off the assembly.
http://roadtreking.com/new-etrek-class-b-motorhome/
Old 12-22-2012, 11:19 PM   #34

Here is a bit more about the new Roadtrek eTrek. Mike and Jennifer Wendland took posession of one of the first ones off the assembly.
New eco-friendly, all electric eTrek Class B Motorhome now available | A journalist takes up the RV lifestyle

American RV in Grand Rapids, MI will be getting another one and will have it on display at a show in downtown Grand Rapids in January. It will be interesting to follow the success of thie new RV and all the systems Roadtrek are introducing to the industry.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #35

E trek test run and a video of the Batts if anyone is interested Shakedown cruise: Getting used to my new RV | A journalist takes up the RV lifestyle
Old 03-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #36

Forest River Owners Club
We bought a Pleasureway Plateau (Sprinter) a few years ago. We looked at all the manufacturers selections (Sprinter models). Each has benefits and layouts - like where the appliances are etc. The inside shower and how the door closes completely. We also liked the design of the cabinets of the Pleasureway. We thought the gravity drain on the grey and black water was a no possible problem. We had heard of macerator issues. Look at what makes sense for you.

Scott
Old 03-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Sister in law just bought a Road Trek after some looking. So far she is happy with the unit and the quality.

Ken
Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #38

Just stopped by fritz rv in Pa. Salesman told me the 2014 ERAs will be available in solid colors, black, silver and beige. I was thrilled to hear that. The only graphic is "ERA" written in the rear side, mid-height, in 6" or so letters, with a wide stripe tapering to the front door, but that can be omitted as well. The only other change for '14 is LED lighting under the awning.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #39

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Are the captains chairs in the "second row" of the Roadtrek comfortable? They look like they can't recline much at all.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:00 AM   #40

I'm not sure about all models and all years. I have a 2008 190 Popular and you are correct, the second row is fairly upright. We don't use it much but my wife rode in there on a 300 mile trip and said it was not too comfortable. Not horrible but wouln't want to sit there all the time. On the return home, passengers (all adults) switched seats from time to time and it worked out much better.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:56 AM   #41

Appalachian Campers
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by diepenj View Post
I'm not sure about all models and all years. I have a 2008 190 Popular and you are correct, the second row is fairly upright. We don't use it much but my wife rode in there on a 300 mile trip and said it was not too comfortable. Not horrible but wouln't want to sit there all the time. On the return home, passengers (all adults) switched seats from time to time and it worked out much better.
I have wondered about this. Why have the second row if the chairs can't be reclined and a good place to relax. The 170 has 2 of these seats, do they recline more when swiveled such as at the table?
Old 04-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #42

Class B's have many pluses but unlimited room is not one of them. Class B designers do an amazing job of packing a lot into small spaces but there are limits. Really, it's no different than a small room in a house - there is only so much room and we furnish it with the type of furniture that fits.