Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #43

I also am looking for a class B motorhome. Comparing all brands I have found. I noticed that Leisure Travel has nit been discuses much. Anyone out there with one that would like to share their experiences? The Free Spirit SS looked interesting. Drove 1100 miles one weekend just to look at it. Also, I really like the options on the Advanced RV Advanced-RVAdvanced-RV , but seem like they also cost much more. Thinking of a 4000 mile car trip to look at them. They have only sold 3 so far and are a new startup company. Has anyone looked at them? What did you think? Any idea of pricing for what options? Thank you to any that share their opinions.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #44

Curious to see what company will get this chassis
New Sprinter Hitting U.S. Market in September | RV Business

Old 05-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #45

Phoenix Cruiser

I'd like to add the Phoenix Cruiser to the mix. It used to be listed as a "Super-B" but I think they now list it as a class C. We recently purchased their model 2552 and had a custom cabinet wall and desk installed in the front. We expect to be on the road working and living full time in the RV starting at the end of August and will have a 6 year old grandchild with us as her school schedule allows. We had considered most of the Class B's listed in other postings here but felt that the PC was the one that worked best for us. They also sell factory direct so the prices are lower than many other coaches of comparable size. Web site: Phoenix Cruiser - Factory Direct from Elkhart, Indiana. They have a program where owners show their rigs so if you are interested and not near the factory or outlet dealers, the webmistress on the forum will post your general location and try to find a unit you can tour. Good luck with your search!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #46

We like our Winnebago ERA

My husband and I love the ability to use a Class B motorhome and travel easily. We are not the type to stay too long in one place so this size works great for us. Our first model was a used PleasureWay and we used it for over 6 years before the engine died on us. It was a sad parting but we eventually decided on another used model, the Winnebago Era. I have to say that the inside is very similar to the PleasureWay but the quality of workmanship is less. We have had to repair a few different areas and it was just poor workmanship that caused the problems. We never had any rattles with the PleasureWay either. Of course the cost of the 2 units figures in with these differences as well. We just didn't have the extra $$ to spend at the time. Overall, the Era has been very good for the 2 of us and I don't regret the decision.

Cindy
DrivingHereAndThere.Blogspot.Com
Old 05-29-2013, 11:49 PM   #47

I just drove the new Pleasure Way Pursuit B+. I have done plenty of research prior to today's test drive so I was fairly familiar with this "new" entry. I must admit, I was shocked how much I liked this small rig. The fit and finish was excellent, inside and out. If fact is, I was looking for something to complain about and really couldn't find anything.

The only thing that was a little off was the steering: it seemed very light' with a little too much play, but that might be an adjustment and when loaded that might diminish. The unit I drove was full body paint silver with minimal graphics, and the interior was simple dark walnut cabinets and very light cream ultra leather. The surprising items were ultra suede full window valences, fully ELECTRIC day night shades on all 3 large rear windows and LED light panels to control all things electric. The panels are individually back lit in LED blue light. I have only seen this on $400+k coaches. And the first real dry bath by Pleasure Way with a real Corian + glass shower.

Finally the question-------- does anyone out there have one of these???? or if you have seen one-- your thoughts?

I almost drove this baby home today. Going back to the dealer Saturday.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #48

This might be another look at the new Chassis 2014 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter [w/video] First Drive - Autoblog

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv2fan View Post
Curious to see what company will get this chassis
New Sprinter Hitting U.S. Market in September | RV Business
Old 08-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #49

I am considering buying an ERA and wanted to know how you like yours now that you have had it for awhile. Also, nice Corvette! Is it still available?
Thanks,
Earl Edwards
Old 08-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #50

Wife and I bought a new ERA in 2012 and had it for a year. I just could not justify the extra money for the other brands. I am a big guy and the ERA had the best bathroom layout for me. They all seem to have the same brand components. It drove, handled and preformed well. The wife did not like it because it did not have enough floor space for our 3 weenie dogs that I hoped we were not going to carry with us.

So now we have a 36ft class A dp. Happy wife, happy life.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #51

We're looking seriously at the Leisure Travel Vans Unity 24TB. At 12" wider and 24" longer than a Roadtrek CS, it seems to have far more room and functionality for us. No, it's not a B but maybe it's a B+. Just a thought: I have a friend whose Truck and truck camper are larger in plan and profile than the LTV Unity but lacks some of the comfort of the LTV. I think he rarely takes the TCS off the truck but I'm not sure of that.

My $0.02 and worth every penny,

Bill
Old 08-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #52

I bought a Pleasure Way almost 2 years ago To travel and sightsee its awesome ! We love it. We just completed a 10 week 11,500 trip to Alaska.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #53

This is a great discussion for me as I am also looking for the B or maybe C that fits my needs and budget. Going very carefully as I had a beautiful new RT P-190 in the late 1990's or 2000 that I could not drive with confidence; I felt as if I were on ice. Tried having it repaired at a Dodge dealership, but finally sold it for just about what I paid after about eighteen months. I disclosed the problem to the buyer and gave it to them to drive for a couple of hours. Also had trouble keeping warm at night with the temps around 50 degrees. My husband didn't mind seeing it go as he isn't a camper, but I had big plans, and was very disappointed. Now I'm ready to try it again! Thanks to everyone for the great information. Hope to see you on the road soon.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagedwards View Post
I am considering buying an ERA and wanted to know how you like yours now that you have had it for awhile. Also, nice Corvette! Is it still available?
Thanks,
Earl Edwards
Earl, the vette is sold and the ERA is a keeper. We just returned from a 5 week trip to Seattle from Iowa and the ERA/Sprinter took great care of us. Also can't beat 18+ mpg when diesel fuel is running $3.89-$4.25.
We're happy campers
Old 09-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #55

PW introduced a new “Five-Year Freedom” limited coach warranty for its 2014 models. According to a press release, the five-year, 60,000 mile (U.S.)/100,000 kilometer (Canada) limited coach warranty is the longest manufacturer’s warranty in the recreational vehicle industry.
Pleasure-Way Introduces New 5-Year Warranty | RV Business
Old 09-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #56

We just picked up a 2014 Leisure Travel Unity 24MB. Really liked the layout. First class B coming from an airstream travel trailer looking forward to no more towing. Having satellite (Winegard Mini Max) installed and will be heading to Brice Canyon next week for our first trip.