Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2014, 09:45 PM   #15

After a recent trip to Lake Superior (clouds of skeeters and d'ay bite ya) I started investigating screens for the slider opening for my 2013 RT E-Trek. After some measuring I took a leap and ordered a Bug Off 60" x 80" screen system ("reversible" version, so that the entry/exit cut is off center). It's hung from a tension rod and fits the opening nearly perfectly. Magnets for closure and Velcro for attachment on sides. Found one for $45 via google search. About $20 more on Amazon. Works great! Only down side is that the slider can't be fully closed and latched when it is installed. Easy on, easy off. For dog, easy in, easy out.
ArloShmarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #16

Advanced RV in Ohio would install a screen door for you. Won't be cheap but their work is outstanding.
slim4511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:00 PM   #17

I came across this place that makes custom size retractable screens. I don't know if they would work in a class B, and considering the curved sides. I priced a 30"w x 54"h screen at $191.25 for a surface mount. I assume that is the cassette that the screen retracts into. Other questions - frame top and bottom? mountable in van entry position?
diyscreensdirect
Old 09-23-2014, 07:36 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed6713 View Post
Has anyone come up with a good idea for a screened door on the main entry sliding door?

We're still searching for a B van, Roadtrek probably, and want to leave the main entry/sliding door open for ventilation without inviting all the bugs in.

Thanks

ed
Pleasure-Way's 2015 Plateau TS has a screen door this year. They had to shave a little off the cabinets to make it fit but they did it. It is retractable and looks great.
carolp495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 09:50 PM   #19

i got quoted more than 400 just to install a sliding door, with netting, for cool air flow and no insects.

rats. in the end, i went online, read a few bloggers' articles on screen door... and bought 2 from shops and tried my own DIY.

cheaper...
sassyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 06:00 AM   #20

There is a Carado/Hymer facebook group and they have several postings on people who have made there own. I think there is also an Aktiv facebook group that has some information. Many people seem to be using the "as seen on TV" screens and magnets. The sew pockets for the magnets.
I also read that the strings on the sliding door ones are prone to breaking. I want one for the back of my new to me Hymer Sunlight Van One so I have been paying attention to the postings.
hoosiermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:40 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiermark View Post
I also read that the strings on the sliding door ones are prone to breaking. I want one for the back of my new to me Hymer Sunlight Van One so I have been paying attention to the postings.
I have a full screen door in my Era courtesy of Winnebago and it works great. No problem with the strings breaking even when a 65 pound Lab ran through it because it was dark out and she didn't know it was there. Reassembling it after that experience forced me to understand how it works with the strings applying tension to the screen. It does take a bit of attention to get it to slide easily but I find it better than the Velcro solution I came up with when we had a boat, and it virtually disappears when not in use.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:39 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Although we have a factory screen door for the side door of our RT 190P, I don't like the way you have to unzip it to get in and out. My wife bought this screen, shown in the photo, from Christmas Tree Shops for $6. It attaches by velcro and has magnets in the center for closing. Once I get it installed, I'll let you know how it works. Our neighbor has one installed on her she-shed and likes it. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190904_173049.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	259107
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:08 PM   #23

Are they easy to mount - Bug screens with Magnets?
BillT51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:28 PM   #24

Our Lexor has roll up screens on the sliding door an rear doors.
They roll up out of the way when not needed and easily drop down and simply attach to the door frames magnetically. Very easy to use.
Iver

Tags
door, scr