Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:10 PM   #43
Winnebago Owners Club
Originally Posted by NEWATBCLASS View Post
I think everyone understands our goal now.....and thanks so much for the insight....We purchased the Unity MB as a nimble travelling hotel as it were........for journeys as opposed to destinations.......A little different approach I know......I guess secure highway rest stops might be the easy answer........Having said that I think there is a business opportunity out there for what we were trying to find....Travel Safe, Keep Healthy, and Thank you all again!!

Yes, you could open a campground if that is what you call a business opportunity. Lol.

alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2016, 09:18 PM   #44
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Check your city parks.

One in Sayre, OK offers electric and water for $12 a night on the honor system. They also have restrooms with showers, city police patrols every hour or so, walking trails and other conveniences.

Elk City Lake, OK has free parking for RV's with elec hookups.

Both are first come first served no reservations.

Jon & Sue Francis (Retired U.S.A.F.)
Lil Girl-Rescued, Abby Rescued, Peaches Rescued
06 Allegro 35TSA Workhorse Chassis
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:22 AM   #45
Overnight stops that are not camp sites......

OK....so I am unsure why this post from February has arisen again, but as the author I am now not so new at B (actually C class) as I write this.......but I would thank all that have provided thoughtful responses.

We have visited both coasts in our new Unity since my original post with more than 8000 miles since early June....We flat tow a Fiat 500L, and here is what we have learned......

There are some wonderful "destination" camp sites.......I would single out the beach at St Augustine FL, The cliffs over Malibu Beach CA, The foothills of the Tetons in Jackson Hole, Ouray CO and the magnificent state park on the south rim of The Grand Canyon as examples, where sites are pushing (or over) $100 a night and for all the right reasons.....

Getting to these beautiful destinations is a different story, with some particularly nasty KOA's and many misrepresented private facilities off the highways and by ways. So we see a need for en-route hook ups that are not camp sites....Just a plug in to avoid running our LP generator. You may have noticed the introduction of electric car hook ups at Kwik Stops and the like.......Just a slightly larger parking spot with a 30 amp hook up and I would willingly pay $50 for just that.....Where the space might permit, it would be a profitable venture for some of the chain gas stations to introduce such a feature .............

And so scoff (some responses were dripping with sarcasm) if you like, but not all of us want a 50ft slab to park a million dollar Prevost with sewer and water.....and so as an alternative (and to avoid disappointment) we switch it up with hotels and simply park the bus.

Be safe, keep an open mind always, and enjoy your travels one and all....
NEWATBCLASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:05 AM   #46

RVPark reviews can help avoid the terrible disappoint of choosing the wrong place to spend the night. Not always, but it mostly works. Sometimes you just have to spend the night in a place one is not happy with. It is all part of the fun. My DW really has learned to appreciate a couple of parks where because of distances we have no other options.

You need to run the generator for airco? Otherwise you Unity should provide enough power for a night.

2015 Bay Star 3103, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
avid_dk is offline   Reply With Quote