Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2014, 08:48 PM   #1

Sink in Class B bath?

Need some input on this thought of mine from those with more experience, or insight with class B, and limited space

Looking at class B floor plans, and videos, and am wondering if there is really much of a need for a bathroom sink in them.
I was watching a video of a View 24J and the bath sink is outside the bath, and then the kitchen sink is a few few away.
Most of course have a sink crammed into the bathroom.

Personally, I am not seeing a need for a bath sink, when the space could be used for a more comfortable bathroom, or bigger area in general somewhere else.
Seems this would be even more space saving in a true class B

Thoughts??????
IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2014, 12:08 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
I think being able to separately brush teeth or wash hands while dinner is prepped, washing dishes, etc in the main sink is useful. In my case, the sink is in the private bathroom.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #3

No bathroom sink in ours. We have not felt the need to have one as we just take turns at kitchen sink. Heck, we take turns at everything in ours.
AK49er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:33 PM   #4

Our Pleasure Way Excel TS has a bathroom sink in its separate bathroom, it's works fine. Taking turns and sharing space is something every Class B owner learns to do ! We love ours !
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:13 PM   #5

We are thinking about getting a B+ of some kind. With respect to the bathroom we haven't, so far, seen a problem with having the bathroom sink inside or outside the bathroom. What we are leaning toward is having the throne separate from the shower. At our age (or maybe better stated "my age"), when the pain hits, we don't want to have to wait until someone finishes their shower before we can sit on the throne. I used to be able to put it off awhile, but not any more.
Pgustaf249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:30 AM   #6

Hi,

I have a small bathroom sink that I typically use for brushing my teeth and washing my hands. It's kind of awkward since the basin is low and in a corner. In my case, it doesn't take up a lot of room and the water taps are also the same ones used for the shower.

If space is an issue, I don't think it would be too inconvenient to use the kitchen sink regardless of any floor plan considering you're looking at a B+.

Cheers,

Steve
scubastevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
I like our bath in the Travato. I can use it, shower, shave, brush my teeth, wash my face, all with the door pulled shut, heck I'm so glad I found a B class with a full bath that doesn't stick out in the aisle. A little bit of privacy goes a long way in a B.
gonational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonational View Post
I like our bath in the Travato. I can use it, shower, shave, brush my teeth, wash my face, all with the door pulled shut, heck I'm so glad I found a B class with a full bath that doesn't stick out in the aisle. A little bit of privacy goes a long way in a B.
We looked at the travato, and We really liked a lot about the Travato. Probably our favorite of the panel van style RV. I am not completely sold on the Fiat drive train yet, because it has not been out long enough yet, for me to feel comfortable and I prefer to allow others to pioneer this stuff
Seems popular in Europe though. And I read everything I can comment by owner wise about them. The little B units are a lot of compromises, which makes it hard to do
Old 06-08-2014, 10:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJerryP View Post
We looked at the travato, and We really liked a lot about the Travato. Probably our favorite of the panel van style RV. I am not completely sold on the Fiat drive train yet, because it has not been out long enough yet, for me to feel comfortable and I prefer to allow others to pioneer this stuff
Seems popular in Europe though. And I read everything I can comment by owner wise about them. The little B units are a lot of compromises, which makes it hard to do
The drivetrain is not Fiat. It's a Chrysler Penta-star 3.6 V6 that has been in Jeeps and their RAM trucks and Caravans. Same with a transmission - 6 speed Chrysler. Tried and true by all accounts. Has plenty of power for this rig and great economy. The Fiat part is the design of the monocoque van chassis that they've been doing for 30+ years. Not a lot to worry about.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonational View Post
I'd rather have a storage locker instead of the sink. I suppose it was necessary to have the shower, but that could have been worked around.

When I was looking at vans, I was really surprised how many had wood vanities and wood entry doors and fabric window coverings that would need to be protected while showering. So you'd have to wrap yourself basically in a shower curtain, and then still probably have to wipe everything down. PITA!

Travato you don't need the shower curtain as the entire bath is fiberglass and the entry door is aluminum.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
The drivetrain is not Fiat. It's a Chrysler Penta-star 3.6 V6 that has been in Jeeps and their RAM trucks and Caravans. Same with a transmission - 6 speed Chrysler. Tried and true by all accounts. Has plenty of power for this rig and great economy. The Fiat part is the design of the monocoque van chassis that they've been doing for 30+ years. Not a lot to worry about.
Thanks I will research it a bit further.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #12

My ol' 1978 Xplorer has a tiny sink in the water closet. You can use it for the sink or shower by using the diverter built into the faucet.

I don't know if any more modern Class B Xplorers have that kind of setup or not, but that might be a good lead.

That's the floor plan of mine:
Cubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:04 PM   #13

I've changed my mind on the sink in the bath in my Travato. I like it. I can brush teeth and shave after a shower before getting dried off and dressed. What I don't like is the shower pan pump to the grey tank. Hard to remember to turn it on. It works ok I guess.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubey View Post
My ol' 1978 Xplorer has a tiny sink in the water closet. You can use it for the sink or shower by using the diverter built into the faucet.

I don't know if any more modern Class B Xplorers have that kind of setup or not, but that might be a good lead.

That's the floor plan of mine:
Love that layout,
Like a Like a Winniebago Travato, except better.