Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #15

Love of the outdoors is one of the main reasons we got into Rving.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2010, 06:14 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
we rarely saw the people in them, and never saw them eating outside, and never saw them sitting around a fire.
There are RVers and there are Campers, with totally different perspectives and interests ...we are fulltime RVers. I like to grill outside, but if I have a choice between eating outside and dealing with bugs and heat or eating inside in comfort, I will eat inside. My DW has allergies, and sitting outside around a fire is not a very pleasant experience for her. Our neighbors will see me outside off and on, but rarely will see her. Our 40' motorhome is our HOME, and we spend about as much time outside it as we spent outside any stick house we ever lived in.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:31 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
If we had a cabin at a lakeshore, my DW would be inside and I would be outside most of the nicer days.

The RV works the same way.
1995 CC Magna #5280
C8.3L 300hp Cummins, 31,000lbs
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #18

I can't wait to take my just purchased Class B camping next Spring! Yes, I will be outside BBQ-ing, playing BOCCE, Cornhole (beanbag toss) and sit by the campfire.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #19

The following story is true ...
Last summer, we only had a small popup trailer, the type designed to be pulled by a motorcycle. We were keeping warm by the campfire when a couple came by and told us we were lucky to be doing the campfire thing. They had a large MH and spent their evenings indoors when it was a bit cool ouside. We invited them over for the campfire we were planning for the next day. They came over and we had a nice evening.
We now have a class B MH. Sort of glad it isn't as comfortable as a big rig, so we'll be able to continue enjoying the outdoors.
BillJ999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:47 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have noticed we spend more time inside since we've moved up the food chain from tent to travel trailer to mh. We just bought a 35' DP. I guess we may not see the sun next year I guess it's just that the RV is comfy inside with nice couches, tv's etc. When you're in a tent, where else are you going to hang out, inside the tent? LOL
Old 02-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
My idea of camping is in a tent or even a fold down. If I wanted to go camping every day I would of bought a tent. The Motor Home is a way to get me closer to an area of the world that I want to see. I do have a need to be outside long enough to see it unless all I want to see is through a windshield. I get to enjoy my surroundings at my leisure and have more control of when I do! I do not need to unpack the kitchen and buy ice to keep my bacon fresh. However having the great outdoors just a step outside of the door near my recliner is great.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:29 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
I can't wait to take my just purchased Class B camping next Spring! Yes, I will be outside BBQ-ing, playing BOCCE, Cornhole (beanbag toss) and sit by the campfire.
I forgot to include playing the satellite radio while doing those outside things.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #23
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

I have to say I agree with others here, inside or out has more to do with the people then the rig!! I have camped with just the stars overhead to being in a tent. I have also been Rving with Pop-up, Class-C & now a 34' Class-A with a slide, and the one thing they all had in commone is that I spend most of my time outdoors!! For the past 4 years I am pretty close to being a full timer I think, since I spend 8 - 9 months in my RV!! Also last summer when I was back at stick built house, I spent at least one night a week sleeping out in my RV,LOL!! Oh yea I also spend most of my time outdoors even when at the stick built house!!!
Old 04-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I still have a backpack and tent, in fact I just bought a new ultralight tent from big agnes ( fly creek ul2) which is the bees knees Nothing beats waking up on a mountain bald to a spectacular sunrise.
I use rv for dog shows and am up at 5am getting ready, and spend the day showing or socializing and having fun.
I use the rv for camping and cook outside as much as possible. My favorite times are using it as a base and going hiking during the day or swimming in the ponds or lakes and spending time with the dogs. On the relaxing moments I sit outside and enjoy my other favorite pastime of reading books.
I very very rarely turn on the tv and to be honest I can't stand much of the current programming. I have dvd's of the honeymooners , barney miller and a bunch of funny shows from when the tv was better ... For those few times I crank the tv.. The only channels I watch now are History, Discovery or PBS and also Jeopardy. I also stay far away from the news as it just serves to blow items out of proportion and I don't need the negative viewpoints.
I am outside alot either at home or on the road. I figure there will be too much time to sleep after they plant me
ctcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
We are TV junkies, so we spend most evenings inside. Plus DW has allergies and bugs love her. I try to bike when ever I can, and fish and golf where I can also. If I had a bay that wasn't full of "stuff" I'd install an outside TV, then you'd find me outside more. But if I put in a TV outside then the lounge chairs have to go away, not a good trade.
BABrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:42 AM   #26

Last weekend, I went to a covered dish party at a friends where I stayed over night. They live in the country. I pretty much was only inside the Class B to give a tour (I just bought it last fall / camping friends had not seen it yet) and to sleep.

I sat by the fire pit the rest of the time and had good conversation.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:52 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Yes good post. For me I bought a MH to enjoy. It is my first one. Just like any toy you want to use it. Stay inside, use the tv get familar with it. I also like camping and making a fire, cooking and eating outside. I try and do both.
ScottsJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:46 AM   #28

Smile

From 10/19/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
I have did all these things I said I would do when I made this statement last fall !