Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2014, 03:06 PM   #1

Stowaway 2 Cargo Box

I wanted to put all my stray gear in an outside box, so that the interior storage in my Travato could be used for bikes and a kayak.

I got it yesterday and assembled it. Basically it fits all my gear. I put two bins inside to separate my plumbing items from electrical. In the gaps, I put my folding chairs, tables and some sundry items. On top I put my grill table, outside mat, lantern, and lantern post.

Cargo Carriers - Hitch Carriers | StowAway2.com
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2014, 06:56 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Looks good. Love seeing folks with these carriers. USA made just a few miles from our home.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:51 AM   #3

Really like with the swing away carrier. We just saw two 2015 Travato's at the Hershey show this past weekend, one red had the coolest high bike rack that was flatter against the back, and a roof rack carrying a kayak, wow did it look awesome. With that and this carrier, we are actually considering this now. Liked the new longer looking faux window and the screens. Question, is it possible to tilt the back seat cushion so it doesn't sit so straight up? Also, what size is the black tank in the 2015? I've seen two different sizes listed. Also wonder since there is a roof rack for kayak if you can put on a carrier on top of the roof.
cjscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #4

Now that we have sorted through the stuff that we carried in our 35' Class A and figured out what we can fit into out 20' Class B (the classic 100# of stuff into a 10# bag), a storage box like this is definitely high on our acquisition list. I see you have to put your license plate on the box. I am hoping the plate location on the Chevy van is high enough to avoid that because I don't expect to use the box except for extended travel and don't want to keep switching the plate back and forth.
Old 09-16-2014, 07:47 AM   #5

Those look like standard trailer lights, i would replace those with LED lights, just because i'm picky like that.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:33 AM   #6

Word of warning on LED tail lights.

These lights plug into the 4 prong trailer connector. Some of the new vehicles don't like LED lights and will cause all kinds of errors. Not sure the Promaster is this way,
but my Ford Escape positively goes bonkers - you get bulb failed errors and fast turn signal error and when you tap the brake, trailer connection errors.

These issues are well documented on the Ford forum. I don't get these errors on my Silverado.

The fix for some is to add a resistor when you putting in the LED bulbs. Not sure if that negates the power saving or not.

Just info FWIW.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Word of warning on LED tail lights.

These lights plug into the 4 prong trailer connector. Some of the new vehicles don't like LED lights and will cause all kinds of errors. Not sure the Promaster is this way,
but my Ford Escape positively goes bonkers - you get bulb failed errors and fast turn signal error and when you tap the brake, trailer connection errors.

These issues are well documented on the Ford forum. I don't get these errors on my Silverado.

The fix for some is to add a resistor when you putting in the LED bulbs. Not sure if that negates the power saving or not.

Just info FWIW.
I like LED lights more for visibility and redundancy. If doing it for power savings, yea a load resistor would negate the savings.

It's strange that ford engineers didn't test their system with LED lights on a utility trailer. Most trailers these days come with LED lights, my small utility trailer did. My car has a third party curt T-one to power the 4 prong connector, it draws it directly from the battery, only uses the car's wiring for signal. I guess ford cheaped out and is powering the trailer lights from the cars original tail light wiring, which interferes with the built in "bulb out" indicator logic.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow