Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2018, 04:55 PM   #1

Tampa RV show pricing

I am currently at the Tampa RV SuperShow and Ive got a question for you. We came specifically to get a good look at the Leisure Travel, Coach House, and Pleaure Way coaches on the sprinter chassis. They are all very nice and intriguing but here’s my question: they have the list price for a given RV and then below that the RV show price listed below. And in each case the special “show price” is exactly $5000 below list price. In further discussions it appears as though there is no real movement below that price. Leisure is a ten month wait, Pleasure about 6-7 and Coach House roughly 7-8.
This sure puts a dent in the theory to “expect to pay about 25% below retail” claims I’ve read on the forums. So does this sound right? Any input would be appreciated as we were kind of hoping to make a move, but may just wait now.....of course there is that Tiffin Wayfarer TW sitting there........Thanks in advance.
Lafitefl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2018, 07:13 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafitefl View Post
I am currently at the Tampa RV SuperShow and Ive got a question for you. We came specifically to get a good look at the Leisure Travel, Coach House, and Pleaure Way coaches on the sprinter chassis. They are all very nice and intriguing but here’s my question: they have the list price for a given RV and then below that the RV show price listed below. And in each case the special “show price” is exactly $5000 below list price. In further discussions it appears as though there is no real movement below that price. Leisure is a ten month wait, Pleasure about 6-7 and Coach House roughly 7-8.
This sure puts a dent in the theory to “expect to pay about 25% below retail” claims I’ve read on the forums. So does this sound right? Any input would be appreciated as we were kind of hoping to make a move, but may just wait now.....of course there is that Tiffin Wayfarer TW sitting there........Thanks in advance.
1st thing to understand is "Show Prices" are for the impulse buying suckers. Never, never buy at a RV show. That particular dealer at the Tampa show is well known for not being competitive in pricing. Make a list of dealers carrying these units all over the country and then shop them for a no trade, out the door, cash price deal. Admittedly these units are in short supply so discount pricing will not follow the norm, but much larger discounts are to be had.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafitefl View Post
I was over there yesterday too ... and specifically at the LTV location. There is a lot of interest in those units and they aren't negotiating too much. In fact they reportedly sold 4 units just yesterday. I would not buy at the show because there is too much hype and what I call 'show adrenaline'. Both Coach House and LTV are quality units. There are only two ways that I hear of people getting some discount

1. Configure the unit with all the options you want and send out quotes to LTV dealers around the Country. You will usually get a 10 to 15% discount of MSRP. Of course there will probably still be a wait of 6 months plus you will have to go pick it up. Occasionally a dealer will have one on the lot. Usually it is an end-of-year model and may be the one they used as a demo. Occasionally, some one orders one, the dealer gets it in, and the buyer can't get financing or they have a major life changing event that causes them not to buy. Those are hit and miss, but that is how I bought mine on a whim.

2. Buy a fairly new used model. Personally I think this might be the way to go considering how many problems I had with my brand new unit. There is a Face Book page called "Leisure Travel Vans Enthusiasts RV for sale". You will often find very nice LTV models there. Some people just find them too cramped, or they have a life changing event that requires they sell.

Right now, it is a terrible buyers' market. RV sales are high and there is a lot of cash that retiree's are pulling out of their stock accounts to chase their dreams. 7 to 10 years ago you could get the 20 or 25% discount and probably not have to wait an insane amount of time for delivery.

Best of luck in your pursuit. We really do like our unit and think we have all the bugs finally worked out.... at least for the time being
Old 01-19-2018, 07:30 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I have go disagree on buying at an RV show. I bought my first coach at an RV show back in Denver many years ago (new Champion Euro coach). Things certainly could have changed since then.

Two units you are looking at are top quality and in demand, so suspect not much movement on the price or much availability. So a long wait for anew one to be built. The same can be said for the Tiffin Wayfarer.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:47 PM   #5

Like was said earlier, the "show price" is a fallacy pushed by advertising for impulse buyers.
You can get that price, some even better anytime at a lot of dealers if you shop around and are willing to travel to pick it up.
LTV and Pleasureway are very high quality in demand units so there's not much discount on them as was said.
The 25-30% discounts are for more mainstream brands such as Winnebago, Coachmen and others.
Incidentally, Coachmen just upped the ante on their Sprinter class B's with really nice upgrades such as Lithium batteries and a Xantrex inverter available at great price for a coach with solid wood cabinetry and Ultraleather
Old 01-20-2018, 09:21 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
An online search of nationally available units may provide a sense of how realistic (or not) the Tampa show prices are for the particular coaches you are looking at. Keep in mind that it's already been a seller's market - keeping demand, and thus, prices high in recent years. Couple that to the new tax law pumping more cash into the pockets of want-to-have future buyers and I'd say these trends will continue for the near term. You may need to spend to play. Best wishes...let us know what you decide.
JBDALHB is offline   Reply With Quote