Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:07 PM   #1

Travato and Emergency Brake

When I release the emergency brake there is a beeping that goes on. It's like a headlight on reminder sound. The gear shift can be in any gear when this happens. I can pull the brake on to the first click and it stops. The brake light goes on but I don't believe the brake has really activated as there is no resistance when I start driving.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if so, how was it solved. I would rather solve it than go to the dealer.

Thanks for any help.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2014, 09:39 PM   #2

Hmmm. No, I haven't had that happen. Sounds like the cable needs adjusting. I'd go to a Chrysler dealer and not my RV dealer for this item.

Old 06-26-2014, 08:28 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply Wincrasher. I am thinking it is either a cable adjustment or the e-brake switch which might think the brake is still on. Not sure if you know it or not but if anything is wrong with the Dodge portion, it has to go to a Business Link dealer for warranty repair. After the warranty expires any Dodge dealer can work on it.

Incidentally the unit is at the RV dealer to replace the Fairview propance regulator which just came in. When the switch in the unit was turned off, the propane was still on. The dealer discovered this when they did their predelivery inspection. Kudos to them for finding this.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #4

Good info. How do you find a Business Link dealer?
Old 06-26-2014, 03:53 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
We've had our alarm go off in regard to parking break. We stopped, then brought the break all the way up and then all the way back down to release it and the alarm went off! Hopes this helps.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:24 PM   #6

Wincrasher, I called the Dodge Customer Assistance at 1-800-992-1997, and they found a Business Link dealer near my zip code. There is also a Promaster number that is1-866-726-4636.

I have a Jeep Wrangler and my Jeep dealer is a couple of miles away and they are really good and know Jeeps. I was disappointed that the can't do warranty work. However, when it is out of warranty they will work on it. At least my Jeep dealer can change the oil.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:26 PM   #7

Shcpostal, thanks for the reply. I have tried what you suggested. It started when I was parked and ready to drive it. I just pulled the brake handle up one click and it stops, shouldn't be enough to apply the brake. In fact in Drive I don't feel any resistance of the brakes. I'll drive it that way to the dealer.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
tjjeeper,,,,hi there, we experienced the alarm and believe or not when our alarm was going off and we couldn't shut it off I pulled up on the emergency brake a little and it went off .... but guess what wincrasher wrote about the alarm and it turned out to be the passenger seat position alarm.. when you turn the key on if your seats aren't back into the forward position your alarm will ring...that said the solution is to reach under the front of the seat (its really very easy) and squeeze the two plastic sensors together as far as you need to until the alarm shuts off...I hope this is your problem. then once you know how to do it you can have the wife squeeze it each time it goes off or you can take it in and get it adjusted. there is a thread by wincrasher that has pics of the problem area.
gonational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 08:49 AM   #9

gonational, thank you for your input. I found the post by wincrasher on the sensors. I will try squeezing them together and if I or my wife have to keep doing that, I will drill out the rivets reposition one of them and use screws. I might just elongate the holes to have more adjustment.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:14 AM   #10

I fixed that darn beeping sound and the alignment problem of the sensors. It was an easy fix, I disconnected the wires on the sensor.

Tags
brake