Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2015, 12:55 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Travato Galley Extension Installed

This weekend I added a "home made" drop down galley extension in my 2015 Travato 59G.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12 Installed View 1.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	92739   Click image for larger version

Name:	13 Installed View 2.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	92740  

Name:	14 Installed View 3.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	92741   Click image for larger version

Name:	16 Installed View 5.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	92742  

Name:	15 Installed View 4.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	92743  
RTVATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2015, 02:52 PM   #2

Very cool mod!
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:07 AM   #3

Excellent idea, looks great.

Where did you get the table support? Did you make the table or is it something off the shelve?

Please give some details, size of table, etc.

I'm going to look into getting the bathroom cabinet installed in my first generation Travato. That cabinet is more valuable than the soap dispenser. I've already ordered the entry handle on the water tank.

Thank you.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:33 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Before I give the rest of the details you requested, could you please share info about the entry handle? Approx. what are they charging for it and do you have the part number? (I can't get the on-line parts catalog to work on my laptop.) Please keep us posted on your progress on the cabinet.

The "top" is the 20"X 16"X 5/8" top of a folding TV table. Normally $30 was on sale at a local grocery for $17. With this size, installed just below the electric outlet you can sit on the water tank/bench and slide around the end to get in/out of the sliding door with the extension "up". CAUTION: With the 8" cantilever past the end of the 12" bracket I will be careful not to put too much weight on the exposed end or use it for a seat.

The brackets, from Amazon of course, are Selby Hardware Folding Shelf Brackets for $16.99 EACH. They only come in white so I had to spray paint them. (There are several other brackets available on-line for about half as much but these were the only ones I found that you don't have to be concerned about pinching your fingers. I figure with getting the table on sale the price was a wash.)

Note: in my T the galley side is NOT SOLID. There are voids in the wall so I needed to install some backing to have something to screw into.
Let me know if you need more info.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3 TV Table Bottom.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	92803   Click image for larger version

Name:	5 Brackets 1.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	92804  

Name:	9 Galley Inside Before.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	92805   Click image for larger version

Name:	10 Galley Inside After.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	92806  

Old 04-28-2015, 08:36 AM   #5

Very well done. Good info on reinforcing the cabinet. For those not as handy, here is a smaller alternative that's a bit cheaper:

Amazon.com: Camco 43421 Oak Accents Countertop Extension: Automotive
Old 04-28-2015, 09:00 AM   #6

RTVATO,

Thank you for the fast reply, pictures, and the details.

I could not get the online parts catalog to work either. Although I live in California, I ordered the handle from Lichtsinn Dodge in Forest City Iowa, 1-800-343-6255, ask for Chris in RV parts. He said it's around $65+shipping. I did not get a part number. I should have the handle next week. I will post the part number when I get it. That way it will be easy to order from any dealer. There will be a gap between the cushion and the water tank vertical wall. The cushion on the new vans have a cut out to allow for this. I plan on putting a "spacer" to the right of the handle towards the rear of the passenger seat. I will then cover it with that fake leather. I will probably also put a spacer (filler) between the 2 vertical handles.

I have ordered other parts from Lichtsinn in the past. They must have a direct line to Winnebago. I have called about a part (the filter for the shower drain that has been added), Chris said he would have to call Winnebago and call me back. I expected to hear from him the next day, well he called back within 5 minutes. That is fast service.

I asked Winnebago about adding the bathroom cabinet. They said that there is probably a metal support behind the shower wall to hold the cabinet, and it would not be in mine. I will call again, hopefully I will talk to someone else and get another opinion.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:31 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes, unfortunately supports behind the walls are few and far between. Also, if you want to get an idea of how solid the "solid" pieces are (not), pull up and observe the cutout in the bottom of the closet and you'll find that the "solid" panels resemble a light weight wafer cookie. If you ask, your Service Advisor at Winne will probably provide you with the "cabinet drawings" for your model which show where the supports are.

If the support isn't already there you could probably drill all the way through the back of the shower and through the "outside" back wall and fabricate your own support on the outside of the wall and figure out how to make it decorative.

I also installed a "collapsible drying rack" in the hallway. In order to make enough support for that I had to make a wooden backing piece that screwed into the supports I could locate (from the drawings and with a stud finder) and then command taped the cantilever.

Next projects include fabricating a backing so the water tank seat back can be used when the sliding door is open and tapping in to some existing 12v lines to add 12v accessory outlets in two or three places inside that can be used off the coach battery (and not having to turn the cab ignition on). Currently the only ones are outside on the "porch" and on the back panel next to the "shower" attachment. I really don't understand why they didn't do this as OEM. Obvious places for placement seem to be where the cable TV outlet is above the sink, in the wall behind the dinette seat between the gauges and the window, and somewhere near the bed. The trick is figuring which lines to leach into without causing other issues.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rack Open.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	92810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rack Closed.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	92811  

Old 04-28-2015, 11:39 AM   #8

RTVATO,

I already thought about adding a support of the back wall in the bathroom to support the cabinet, would have to do something for the sides as well. Perhaps the support for the dryer rack could also be used for the cabinet.

I like the dryer rack. Is it a Leifheit 83100 Wall Dryer Telefix 100? I saw it on Amazon and it looks like what you have.

Thanks again for the help and your ideas.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjjeeper View Post
RTVATO,

I like the dryer rack. Is it a Leifheit 83100 Wall Dryer Telefix 100? I saw it on Amazon and it looks like what you have.

Thanks again for the help and your ideas.

Looks like the 28" version, not the 40".

Do you think it could simply be mounted with 3M? That would be alot easier.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
The rack is a Leifheit Telegant 70 Plus (the 100 is too long for the wall I believe). I got mine at The Container Store. Here's a picture of the box and the oak backing piece I made. I've also attached two cuts from the cabinet drawings one of which shows the support (or lack thereof) in the hallway wall. Note that the two drawings are reversed in their orientation, one from outside of the shower and the other from inside.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:37 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Oops, works better when I actually "upload" the pics. . .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rack With Backing Plate.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	92818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bath Wall Support.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	92819  

Name:	Bath Wall.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	92820  
Old 04-28-2015, 12:44 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Looks like the 28" version, not the 40".

Do you think it could simply be mounted with 3M? That would be alot easier.
On the back there is an outside edge to the rack material and then most of it is recessed so there is little smooth surface for the 3M. Also, much as I like 3M and/or Command tape I'd be concerned that the weight of a couple of wet towels and swimsuits cantilevered out from the wall would be too much. It may take a little more time to do what I did but I only like to do things once. This puppy is not going to fall off the wall.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #13

Thanks for the ideas and details!
digisnapmark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install