Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:32 AM   #1
Travato vs Trend

I have just sold my 40 foot Monaco pusher that we full timed in for 8 years. Have a condo now and miss the rv bug and travel. These two rv's seem interesting. Have any of you driven both? Did you buy one? Which and why?

Can you use them for a month or two in winter? Ever driven cross country in one?

Thanks for your comments.

bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2014, 10:56 AM   #2
Winnebago Owners Club
We bought the Travato. We didn't want something we had to store and we wanted something we could drive anywhere and not have a toad. The Trend is quite a bit larger inside so if you really need more space that's the way to go. You really have to cut down on things that need to be in your cupboards and drawers and aisle space is very sparse except when the murphy bed is up and nothing is stored under it it's seems a little larger. The front seats are smaller but comfortable I guess. The sliding door is great only because there is a screen door that slides to cover the whole opening otherwise too many bugs would get in . Other than that the fridge is a very good size as is the bathroom. the bed is a fairly good size if your not too large. The gas mileage is great 16 -19 mpg. you can park anywhere. Great windshield for viewing while traveling. Some manufacturer faults are the window screens don't fit good at the corners, gaps.. I have a few leaks,,the center ceiling fan and above the rear left window. I think my fridge temp is not adjusting with the control knob, I have a gas leak somewhere underneath. I will be returning to the dealer on our way back to Colorado in hopes of some fixes. All n All we really like the Travato despite the above. So when and if you buy I hope your unit went through on a day everyone was concentrating on building with quality. We have been staying in ours now for 3 weeks straight and everything is fine and comfortable,,don't know about winter traveling, we do like the AC/Heater in ceiling, when in low heat mode it takes the edge off the cold..didn't get a chance to run the wall heater due to the gas leak. Our trip one way was 1,000 miles. Happy Trails!

Jerry and Teri Lea
The Villages, Florida
2013 Winnebago Travato as of May 20th, 2014
gonational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:14 PM   #3
Thanks Jerry. Sounds like you are enjoying the mh. Did you have the option to put solar panels on the roof? Good luck with getting the fixes done?

Can I ask what you paid? How much off he last price
can one get ?

bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
I'm sure the Trend is a good driving, compact motorhome. It's just bigger than I wanted.

So far my Travato has been perfect, without need to go back to the dealer. Luck of the draw, I guess, but I won't complain.

Anything on the Promaster chassis will be good driving and great economy. I'm really impressed with the Pentastar V6 and the front wheel drive.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #5
We're very interested in this and want to trade in our older Trail-Lite 2003 B+ 25 ft. BUT we are used to larger tanks. So my question, how are you making out in the tanks in this motorhome? We do like to dry camp, but the majority of the time there is a dump and water to refill. But sometimes we do spend a night or two on the road where there is nothing. So how was that like for you with the big change in tank sizes. I know you can always dribble out some gray but worried I'm going to run out of fresh for a weekend, even tho we do bring bottled water to drink, or worse load up on black with no where to dump.
cjscotty is offline   Reply With Quote