Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:32 AM   #1

Triple E Owners Club
Question Trouble with my power sofa bed

Hi Folks, I am finally using my 2013 Leisure Travel Serenity , and of course the more I get to use it the more problems I have. Two weeks ago on our first tailgating outing the transfer power switch failed. Had that replaced.
This weekend another travel to a college football game out of state and the power sofa bed would not recline at first and then did. But now it will not fully return to its upright position. It returns about 70% of the way. Any ideas, nothing blocking it underneath. Can I release it so I can manually close it up?
Thanks.
Bryan

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2016, 12:09 PM   #2

Check the seat belts? Are they caught on something?

Old 09-19-2016, 11:59 PM   #3

I have a 2016 Libero which is the same coach as the Serenity. My manual says you can wind the sofa bed up or down manually. The access for it is through the storage hatch underneath it.
I'm actually surprised how many issues I've had with mine considering the price paid for "quality". :(
Old 09-20-2016, 05:39 AM   #4

Triple E Owners Club
Thanks for the response. There are not any seat belts or anything to catch on back there. It appears to me that the sofamily is a little skewed.one side seems by the nsked eye to have retracted more than the other.
The sofa will go down and open with a little help.
But will only retract partially.
It need some help in opening up last time.
Should I just replace all the cables and motor to be safe?
Old 09-21-2016, 05:20 AM   #5

I also had an issue with mine. It started to hit the valance around the window when I was retracting it into the sofa position and it wouldn't go any further into the seated position. It had never done that before. I took to my dealer since it was still under warranty and they "adjusted" it, and it retracted normally. They said one of the frame supports was bent a bit.
Before I replace anything I would check underneath to make sure none of the frame is bent.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:32 AM   #6

Triple E Owners Club
Thanks, I did look underneath. It does appear to me that the frame had shifted about 2cm. That's where my sofavorite stops too. Right under the valence.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:24 AM   #7

What I did when I noticed the problem was pull out the top of the sofa with my hands while my wife operated the button to raise it. This way it would return to its full upright position clearing the valance.
Then, like I said, my dealer adjusted the bent piece of frame when I got back home.

Tags
power