Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2015, 06:16 AM   #1

Video Review of Winnebago Travato 59G

I posted a rather long video review of my new Winnebago Travato 59G. Please check it out and leave any questions or comments.

Wincrasher's Travels: New 2015 Winnebago Travato 59G
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2015, 11:56 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
New Travato Video Review

Very well done. Thanks. I left a couple of comments/questions for you.
RTVATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 11:08 PM   #3

Thanks for the video. It was so much more informative than the sales pitches elsewhere. It was nice to see the differences on the 2015 vs our 2014. Interesting that our 2014 has the same underside features as your 2015, different than your apparently earlier 2014.

That bed and extra storage look nice. On the other hand, I can get my 250cc dual sport motorcycle inside the van on ours! Interesting that you rarely needed to service the shower pump filter... we did every other shower.

I've modified our dinette to be higher up as well, and it does make a great difference. Elevating it allow us to move the table closer to the window by a few inches, which made it easier to access the cab as well.

Thanks again!
digisnapmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 06:45 AM   #4

Yes, those couple inches in the back could make all the difference if you are loading a motorbike or scooter. I think the few folks doing that will probably look at the Roadtrek Zion and see if that works better for that kind of use.

Yes, I've had good luck with that pump filter. But I'm not showering off a bunch of mud from dirtbike riding either (nor are we very hairy). That new little filter in the drain will probably catch 90% of the hairs and other cloggy gunk.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:08 AM   #5

digisnapmark,

Could you explain how and where you mounted the dinette table so it would be higher? I would imagine you found some metal to screw in to for support. Pictures would help if you can do that.

Thank you.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:52 AM   #6

I removed the existing supports from the wall, and the front leg. Along the wall I added a couple thin support legs to the floor and screwed to the wall as well, and fabricated a new leg from aluminum pipe welded to a couple plates. The top plate was screwed to the pivot plate, and the bottom was screwed securely to the floor. By raising it to a standard 30" height, I was able to slide it 3-4" toward the window.

It can't be used for creating a bed anymore, but I've removed the beast of a structure for the rear seat belts anyway, as we don't want more than the two of us in the van.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:43 AM   #7

What a great little project!

Does the seat belt frame support anything other than the seat belts?
Old 04-08-2015, 03:20 PM   #8

Digisnapmark,

Thank you for the reply.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:30 PM   #9

The seat belt frame is IMHO, the most overbuilt structure I've come across. There is about 100lbs of steel involved, and when you add up the thickness of three layers in a few areas, it's 3/4" thick. Perhaps it was designed to handle a pair of 400lb adults in the back, crashing into a wall at 60mph. No-one survives, but the steel will still be in place. No, the steel structure is not used for anything but the seatbelts.

Once I cleared that mess of steel out, there now appears to be plenty of room for a 30 gal fresh water tank in that under-seat compartment. I've already bought some stainless steel to make into a tank, and eventually will replace the old one at the door. I'm considering replacing the water heater with a gas/electric one as well. Will keep me busy for a while.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:16 PM   #10

Fantastic video! I am on my way to pick up my Travato.... I am thinking your advice will exceed anything shared in my orientation.
Old 03-30-2021, 09:57 AM   #11

Hello,
I am new to this Forum so please excuse any mistakes.
I also have a 2015 Travato and just bought a Battle Born battery to replace the original factory install. I saw that you had experience replacing your battery so I know you can help me.
How did you get the battery tray out? I tried to slide the battery out of the tray - no luck. Did you remove the whole battery tray from the mount? Where are the bolts located? I have an appointment to have the battery changed out but would like to save the money and DIY.
Thanks for any help.
John Racz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago