Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-10-2012, 09:11 PM   #29

Nice looking Coachman Rick. Looks like it's in great shape on the outside and interior.

I was coming home from Nashville last Sunday and stopped for fuel. A Coachman pulled in behind me. The owner said it was a 1995 with 150K miles. I could tell he and his wife have had many enjoyable trips in their Coachman.

A friend of mine has a Roadtrek with no generator. He has a portable Honda 2000 that he takes along when he boondocks. I think it fits in the back of his rig (below the bed).

We appreciate and thank you for your service.

diepenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #30

I drove my RV about 200 miles.

First road trip. About 13 MPG... not too bad to start. I bought some cleaning materials and looked at some generators. I have a white RV and I'd like to see it shine!

First I will knock off the dirt and clean it up some and then I will start doing the routine maintenance and checks. Changing the oil and filter, the air filter, plugs, plug wires, PVC valve and anything else I can think of.

It only has about 37K miles on it so I'm hoping for many many years and many miles of good memories.

Take care,

Rick

TopsBlades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #31

Rick - speed can really lower your gas mileage. I've spent my entire working career driving and always seem to be in a hurry. 40k to 50k per year so slowing down is tough for me to do but I'm trying to stay on the 60 mph range with my RT and get 16 mpg.

A friend of mine has 230K miles on his class B so we both have a long way to go to catch him.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Today I cleaned the oil spill on the driveway while the rig is in the shop for four days getting the leaks fixed! She'll be ready Monday afternoon. But... In the past year I've done a lot of work, almost completely rebuilding the interior.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #33

At a Habitat for Humanity build in Dade City, FL. After drywalling all week, thought I should do some RV maintenance (7000 miles since we left in September). So I'm washing and waxing a section at a time (as the sun moves) alternating with ample breaks to read.

LIBERATED LTV LIBERO
Timblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #34

Last week, I got the Air Conditioner recharged. Mine is a 1990 and did not know it had been converted to R-134. It is less expensive. Ended up being $85 dollars after the misc fees etc. I am happy as I went all last year without dash AC.

I also went to go get my oil changed for the first time since Nov. 2010. They said since it only had 1500 miles since the last oil change that it does not need it even though it had been 16 months. I appreciated their honesty and left without paying a thing. They did top the oil off and said it is still clean. Me is happy and saved about 40 bucks! (I know everyone has their opinion about this...)

Sunday, I vacuumed it out.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:16 PM   #35

Any room for a
B+ in here? I seem to own something of a rarity!
Old 03-24-2012, 06:13 AM   #36

Sure...Welcome aboard. Tell us about your B+.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #37

Thumbs up

I am getting some preventative maintenance done on my pickup truck today so I am going to drive the Class B around town shopping etc.
goreds2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROONORTH
Any room for a
B+ in here? I seem to own something of a rarity!

Lurking also what kind of B class are you driving
Old 03-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #39

Ours is a 2003 Trailite B+. 21 feet long.
So far I have added a Dual radio with the tilt-up screen to display the radio info, cd, ipod info and gps. I also installed a back-up camera which displays on the radio screen too. I took out the old television and installed a new LCD tv on a tilting mount so that the space behind can be accessed.

I did a bunch of stuff for the Wife like carpets, and lights and stuff but the first list is the important one!!
Old 03-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #40

Assembled the Demco Kar Kaddy SS I had delivered a few days ago. Very high quality tow dolly !!!!!
Old 03-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROONORTH
Ours is a 2003 Trailite B+. 21 feet long.
So far I have added a Dual radio with the tilt-up screen to display the radio info, cd, ipod info and gps. I also installed a back-up camera which displays on the radio screen too. I took out the old television and installed a new LCD tv on a tilting mount so that the space behind can be accessed.

I did a bunch of stuff for the Wife like carpets, and lights and stuff but the first list is the important one!!
I have had different type of RV this is my first class B new or pre owned they make them to looking
Great the fun is making it practical for your own personalities
Does you B have the back door?
Old 03-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder
Assembled the Demco Kar Kaddy SS I had delivered a few days ago. Very high quality tow dolly !!!!!
I have had that dolly years ago and now looking for an other Demco any suggestion on where I should start looking?
Thanks