Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #71

Had, the oil changed, front brakes repaired (rotors & pads replaced), and ball joints upper/lower replaced. Picked it up from the shop and then did the mid-season sanitizing (one minor problem solved) and re-checked my fridge (working properly). Repair items & oil change, plus labour were $1100.00 - sounds pricey but heavy duty parts were used. These are key items in terms of safety so OK with the cost.

The week before, I cleaned off all the bugs from the front of the RV (that took a couple of hours) and then gave the whole RV a wash. The bugs came from a valley drive in the evening otherwise a mild cleaning would've sufficed. Up on a step ladder to clean the bugs off the fiberglass upper - very tough to reach the upper middle section and had to use a fine grade of steel wool - chemicals & soaking were not helping at all.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #72

I have a 98 Xplorer. Bathroom on the driver's side and no window in Bath either. Does your unit have one holding tank or two? What type of toliet does your's have. I have only one 24 gal tank and would like to split off and have two. That way I could empty the grey water more easliy and have better capacity for black.

I really like my B for the same reasons you seem to be enjoying yours. Visit out of town relatives without being a strain on them or needing alot of room.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:13 AM   #73

I have the same model as you. Mine is a 97 Xplorer. Mine has only one holding tank which handles both grey and black water. Do you have one tank or two. My one tank is 12 gallons. Not very large, so Im trying to figure a way to install a larger tank. Any thoughts?
Old 10-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timblin View Post
At a Habitat for Humanity build in Dade City, FL. After drywalling all week, thought I should do some RV maintenance (7000 miles since we left in September). So I'm washing and waxing a section at a time (as the sun moves) alternating with ample breaks to read.
What year and make is your RV? We have a 2003 CONDOR built by R-Vision and it looks very much like your unit. Our unit is on a Ford E 450 with the Triton V-10 engine and a four speed tranny. We tow a 1994 Jeep Sahara and get 10 to 11 miles per gallon. Just today I fixed the electric step which was working on and off. Turned out to be that the lubrication in the gear box was too old and needed to be cleaned and replaced. The step now works every time with no problems. We enjoy the Bt very much, and do not miss our 29 foot Excel fifth wheel at all.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #75

ABS Brakes Work!!

Hi,

took my Class B north of Toronto to do some winter camping at Algonquin Park this past weekend ... had to be one of the most dangerous drives I've ever done. A combination of driving at night, snowing, unplowed/salted highways, winding up/down along the highway made for some interesting driving in which the ABS brakes sure were useful in allowing control of the RV.

I spent two nights, the first one with my slide-out extended ... had no issues, but the 2nd night was calling for temps approaching 0F so decided I better bring the slide-in back in. My windows are single pane and had no issues the first night but the 2nd one ... the condensation frozen on the inside and couldn't open any of them ... not good when cooking inside using a propane stove!

Got some good photos over the weekend and the highlight was hearing the wolves howling on Saturday night.

My RV had already been winterized so stayed at a site close to the comfort station ... which actually has one shower with ... heated floors.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:08 PM   #76

Vintage RV Owners Club
Water Pump Bypass

Had separate city water connection and gravity feed for the fresh water tank. Water pump was tee'd into the city water line and from there throughout the RV. Had to replace the line on the pressurized side of the pump because contrary to what the sales clerk told me when i bought it, it wasn't able to handle 50 psi. Looked like a balloon animal. So I cut a line from the out to the in side of the pump with a shutoff valve in between. Now I can fill the fresh tank directly from the city water line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	61509   Click image for larger version

Name:	after1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	61510  

Old 05-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #77

Winnebago Owners Club
New Driveway for New Travato

Adding this new driveway and parking pad for the new Travato we pick up May 20th. The drive is 37 feet and the pad is 37 feet as well. We are installing a double gate too. We are really proud of this investment. The concrete people did such a great job. No more monthly storage payments
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03399.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	363.6 KB
ID:	62589  
gonational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #78

Winnebago Owners Club
Installing new Gate on New Drive and Pad

Here we are drilling holes for gate posts
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	62590   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	354.2 KB
ID:	62591  

Old 05-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #79

Winnebago Owners Club
Gate Framed

We have the gate frame installed and we're picking out the pickets
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	006.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	335.6 KB
ID:	62592   Click image for larger version

Name:	008.jpg
Size:	313.8 KB
ID:	62593  

Old 05-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #80

Winnebago Owners Club
Gate is Finished

I finished up the gate today. It turned out really nice. Next Tuesday we'll pick up the new Travato and bring it to it's new home.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03420.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	348.3 KB
ID:	62770   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03419.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	288.9 KB
ID:	62771  

Name:	DSC03423.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	62772   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03418.jpg
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	62773  

Old 05-13-2014, 07:58 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonational View Post
I finished up the gate today.
Lookin' good. Nice job.
gdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:47 PM   #82

Fleetwood Owners Club
What did I do to the class B this week? Installed a rear sway bar, flushed the brake lines, and pulled the electric step motor to order a replacement.
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:05 AM   #83

Concrete pad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonational View Post
Adding this new driveway and parking pad for the new Travato we pick up May 20th. The drive is 37 feet and the pad is 37 feet as well. We are installing a double gate too. We are really proud of this investment. The concrete people did such a great job. No more monthly storage payments
Im thinkiong about the same thing for my 98 Explorer. Looks like my exact set up.
ABout how much money should I budget for the concrete work? I already have the fence, double gate, and presently a broken stone bed behind the fence as parking pad. Any thoughts are appreciated. I thought four inches wiith rebar would be the way to go...not mesh, but HD rebar.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:20 AM   #84

Winnebago Owners Club
Well as for the cost which is the most important my drive 74 long by 11 wide. Estimates were 4K to 6K to 8K. You really have to get a lot of estimates and make sure these estimates are part of your schedule as to when you want it done by. They don't come out when you call, they come out whenever and weather can also play a part in the schedule. Ribar every 3 feet was included and at least 5 inches thick..My ground was a very hard clay and I had a gravel parking area as well so I didn't add any more to that..The Travato is now sitting on the new parking area just as neat as can be. Good luck.