Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class B Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-16-2016, 04:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSprinter View Post

As to the jacks, I'd be careful. MB voids all warranties if jacks are involved - got that straight from the MB dealer.
What is the source of your comment...please share. This is how rumors get started.

Many owners on the View/Navion Yahoo group have HWH levelers and none have been denied warranty work due having levelers.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2016, 10:27 PM   #16

We are renting an ERA next month - not our first choice primarily because the galley is on drivers side. Why? It makes sense to have it on passenger side so one can look out into one's own camp area not the person next to you.

Any thoughts along this line? -

G

Old 02-24-2016, 08:24 PM   #17

Galley on the driver's side? Not in the 70C - it's on the passenger side.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:26 PM   #18

Found an (almost) exact fit foam pad that already came rolled up in a plastic bag that will fit perfect in the shower at Wallie World for $30! Will test in out shortly.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:27 AM   #19
jww

TexasSprinter,
I saw the foam pad you are describing. My hesitation to purchase one is my concern of how difficult it will be to get it back into the bag. I visualized two monkeys and a football. I am interested in your feedback after you try it.
Update on the Rand McNally unit......the downloaded update did not resolve ANY issues, actually created more. We finally spoke with a good service rep. and they sent us a new SD card. Seems to be working as designed now.
We are really enjoying this little coach!
Old 03-17-2016, 09:25 PM   #20

turns out that it will never go back in the bag! But folded over lengthwise and rolled, it fits in a large trash bag. buy the ones with pull straps to ĉlose and hang it from the shower rod
Old 03-21-2016, 09:51 AM   #21
jww

Yes sir, we slept in our 70C for the first time last Thursday night. Friday it was off to Wally World to buy the foam topper. Much Better!!!
And the "storage" bag tip works. 38 gal. Hefty
Thanks
Old 04-09-2016, 07:21 PM   #22

Neil,
I will be closing the deal on a 2016 ERA 70A next week. Rented the 70A out of B.C. last year and really enjoyed what the unit had offered. What would you suggest as a must have item to assist a new owner? Enjoyed reading input as to the 70C.
Thanks
Mike
Old 04-10-2016, 11:17 AM   #23

Congrats, Mike. "Must have's" for a first timer. Hmmm. Here was my list:
1) Leveling blocks and a small bubble level you can lay on the floor. You need 12 blocks max if you ever need to raise both rear two blocks high (3 per wheel X 4 wheels)
2) 50>30 and 30>20 amp adapters. A lot of parks have gone to 50amp only and the van is small enough that there are places I want to park where there is only a 20amp plug.
3) Heavy duty 20amp extension cord. See above! It lets me plug in at home, at my kid's house, etc.
4) 10' sewer extension hose. This one has been a challenge. These vans are small enough that often we are too far away from the sewage drain. But I don't want the hose in the van and the exterior compartment is only big enough for one 10' hose. I finally bought a cheap 'dry bag' at a camping store and keep the hose in it, strapped securely to the bicycle carrier that we have on the van.
5) Silicon collapsible bowls, available at camping world. They are GREAT for these small vans.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:21 PM   #24

Neil Carol,
Thank you. We gave up our 37ft sailboat to get into the RV. At age 70 going off shore just didn't feel right. So, we plan to explore the U.S., Canada and Mexico.