RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-10-2019, 12:00 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
ElCaminoManT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 110
04/05 Evolution Chassis ZF tie rod end part numbers?

Hello all,

looking to source new tie rod ends for our 05 Winnie Vectra that has the ZF IFS. I contacted the local Freightliner dealer (Velocity Trucks) and was quoted just shy of $500 for the 4 ends! Ouch! Before I go and drop that kind of cash, I want to look around to see if units with zerk fittings are available. The dealer would not give me the OE part numbers to use as a cross reference. They've done this to me before but was able to find the number here and order that part elsewhere. Does anyone know the numbers or somewhere else I could contact to find this out or source these parts? I'd be most appreciative of that info.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8DC6FFE9-8AA0-4C5E-9CE7-6AABDF5CB361.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	259849  
__________________

__________________
John & Gina
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40AD Cummins ISL
ElCaminoManT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2019, 12:18 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
FIRE UP's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Out there, somewhere
Posts: 7,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCaminoManT View Post
Hello all,

looking to source new tie rod ends for our 05 Winnie Vectra that has the ZF IFS. I contacted the local Freightliner dealer (Velocity Trucks) and was quoted just shy of $500 for the 4 ends! Ouch! Before I go and drop that kind of cash, I want to look around to see if units with zerk fittings are available. The dealer would not give me the OE part numbers to use as a cross reference. They've done this to me before but was able to find the number here and order that part elsewhere. Does anyone know the numbers or somewhere else I could contact to find this out or source these parts? I'd be most appreciative of that info.

Thanks!
ElCaminoManT,
Well Sir, I don't know how long you've owned that coach but, if it were me, the very FIRST thing I'd do is, become a member of DTNA. Daimler Trucks North America. Formerly known as "Access Freightliner", that system will allow you to look up, at your convienience YOUR COACH'S CHASSIS. It will give you every single part, AND PART NUMBER that was installed on YOUR COACH. I've been involved in that for years and, I've looked up many, many chassis parts and found the numbers, then called my local Freightliner parts counter and TOLD them the part numbers I need.

They're REAL HAPPY when they hear stuff like that 'cause, they don't have to look things up and or, cross reference anything. I have looked up my tie rod ends and there's two different models mine could have came with. I have both sets of numbers. But, as much as our coach is almost a sister ship to yours, an '04 Itasca Horizon 36GD with the CAT C-7 330 HP, it's not an independent front suspended model. So, I can't help you with my number's of my tie rod ends 'cause, they're more than likely, not the same ones.

But, it's not hard and doesn't cost you anything to become associated with DTNA. It does or, it can take up to a week or two to get things logged in properly so that you can use their site, at your convenience. But, it is by far, well worth the effort.
Scott
__________________

__________________
2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:47 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
ElCaminoManT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 110
Hi Scott,

I’ve seen postings on the DTNA. What is the best way to sign up for the service? Online?

Thanks, John
__________________
John & Gina
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40AD Cummins ISL
ElCaminoManT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:55 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
FIRE UP's Avatar


 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Out there, somewhere
Posts: 7,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCaminoManT View Post
Hi Scott,

Iíve seen postings on the DTNA. What is the best way to sign up for the service? Online?

Thanks, John
John,
The coach has to be registered in your name. Then, you can contact a Freightliner service center and either talk to a parts counter person or, maybe the service writer. It's been a while, as in about 6+ years since I did it. But, at least start there and see what they recommend. Yeah, sometimes you might have to jump through a hoop or two but, again, it's well worth it. It's amazing being able to just cruise through every single part in your chassis. Now, don't forget, it's only the chassis, not the box.

Winnebago has most or all answerable questions about the box.
Scott
__________________
2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 734
Only took me a couple business days to sign up this year. They appear to have made it easier... no trip to Freightliner. Here's what I did.

Go here... https://dtnacontent-dtna.prd.freight...h-america.html

Upper right corner... "New User"

2nd option "Customer Order Form" click on "click here"

Fill out the form. Check the "Freightliner" box and you'll need the last 6 digits of your VIN. As I recall, I put my RV make/model/year info in the comment area and mentioned I was a private owner of the RV. Last, Review and submit.

I got an email back in about 2 business days with my ID and PW and was good to go.

Hope this helps.
__________________
Ed & Joie
2004 Vectra 40KD
Freightliner Chassis and Cummins ISC
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:10 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
ElCaminoManT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: San Diego
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
John,
The coach has to be registered in your name. Then, you can contact a Freightliner service center and either talk to a parts counter person or, maybe the service writer. It's been a while, as in about 6+ years since I did it. But, at least start there and see what they recommend. Yeah, sometimes you might have to jump through a hoop or two but, again, it's well worth it. It's amazing being able to just cruise through every single part in your chassis. Now, don't forget, it's only the chassis, not the box.

Winnebago has most or all answerable questions about the box.
Scott
Thanks Scott, it's really handy that Winnie provides all the necessary manuals and documents right there on their website. Super handy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiddleb View Post
Only took me a couple business days to sign up this year. They appear to have made it easier... no trip to Freightliner. Here's what I did.

Go here... https://dtnacontent-dtna.prd.freight...h-america.html

Upper right corner... "New User"

2nd option "Customer Order Form" click on "click here"

Fill out the form. Check the "Freightliner" box and you'll need the last 6 digits of your VIN. As I recall, I put my RV make/model/year info in the comment area and mentioned I was a private owner of the RV. Last, Review and submit.

I got an email back in about 2 business days with my ID and PW and was good to go.

Hope this helps.
Thank you sir! I just submitted the form, will see what happens.
__________________

__________________
John & Gina
2005 Winnebago Vectra 40AD Cummins ISL
ElCaminoManT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
chassis



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tie rod end - rubber top Mirada2005 Ford Motorhome Chassis Forum 3 06-06-2013 11:07 AM
Tie Rod End boots..any sources??? sc3283 Monaco Owner's Forum 1 09-21-2011 09:42 PM
Tie Rod End Boots prsmith Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum 10 07-09-2010 07:21 AM
W8003032 Tie Rod End Grease Boots- Don't make the $120 mistake fayrankin Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum 4 11-01-2008 07:21 PM
Grease boot on tie rod end (W20) Tom A. Workhorse and Chevrolet Chassis Motorhome Forum 14 07-25-2005 02:14 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.