Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2018, 09:11 AM   #1

2003 X-line Dash AC

Anyone know what this is? Low pressure line just before the evaporator. Line is kinked, but not leaking. Definitely obstructed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0164.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	195117
BDStinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2018, 08:53 PM   #2

Looks like someone has bent the low pressure line. It may not be a problem, but it will likely reduce the capacity of the A/C system. There is only vapor here, but it needs to flow. I would have it replaced with a new pipe. The system must be evacuated, a new pipe soldered on and the system put in a vacuum and recharged. Generally a job for a professional as they have the required service equipment.
APhotoWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:28 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping it might be an orifice tube or expansion valve, and not have to dig into the dash. Trying to get all my ducks in a row before having the ac guy look at it.
BDStinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:21 AM   #4

From your picture, it looks like there is enough room to cut the pipe and install a new piece in the space available. Should not need to open the dash if you can find someone handy with a soldering torch and a asbestos sheet.

Hope you find an easy answer.

- Jerry
APhotoWizard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash