Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2019, 11:14 PM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
I forgot to add...most definitely kudos to the little shop here in Rock Springs for having a guy who sniffed out the problem so quickly. I didn't need to tow to SLC after all.

As you can see, though, I'm not quite onboard with just being in a holding pattern while they wait to hear back about the status of the part lol! It drives me nuts to just be sitting here idle. That's why I took it upon myself to try to find alternate parts, call boneyards, etc. Teamwork, maybe?
GearGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2019, 06:09 AM   #16

I did a search for the 1115-2e2 and had an eBay hit .
Arkansas Valley Diesel Service in Lamar Colorado.
They call it a vec rear power trans buss
xzostd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 01:33 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
UPDATE - Freightliner had Wrong Eaton Part Number

I've been in contact with Freightliner corporate and Eaton (who makes the Bussmann parts) and today heard back from Eaton that Freightliner called out the incorrect Bussmann/Eaton part on their drawings! It's not BUS 1115-2E2 after all. This is copied from their most recent email:

"Freightliner A06-49613-001 cross to Eaton 31183-1E2 (attached and below are the module and cover label).

Our customer service said since this is a Freightliner PDM they will have to order it for you."

This is the part, for anyone else who finds themselves in this situation!!

I've called the shop and they are mulling over this new info, I'm supposed to call back in about half an hour and see what the current status is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	31183-1.png
Views:	319
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	247724  
Old 05-29-2019, 03:25 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
UPDATE - Corporate Decisions Suck

WELL Eaton would have saved the day, if Freightliner wasn't getting in the way.

So first problem is Freightliner's incorrect cross reference part number.

When the local shop tries to order the correct part number, that number is not in the system.

They can't order a part not in the system, and I can't order the part because (according to Eaton) I'm not Freightliner.

So I got FL corporate on the phone again. More information has come to light. The story I'm getting now is that since NOBODY had ordered this part in years, IT WAS DESTROYED.

D E S T R O Y E D

So Freightliner has zero stock anywhere in the US.

I told the FL tech guy that I used to be a PM, I cannot believe how that decision was made. I told him as these end products (the coach I own, and other coaches built in the same time frame with the same parts) age, there WILL be a need for it. He said he understands, and he's trying to get FL to reinstate the part and work with Eaton to get it back in stock.

I told him that putting a customer smack in the middle of this, dry camping (no elecrical or water or sewage hookups) is very bad for business and it is doubly upsetting for me from a customer standpoint as well as a project management standpoint.

I gave him the contact info of the shop I'm at as well as mine, asked that they expedite this, and to keep me in the loop.

I HOPE that Eaton does actually have this part in stock somewhere, their applications engineering guy I've been in contact with led me to believe they do. My fuse right now can be measured in mils.
Old 05-29-2019, 10:59 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
UPDATE - Caveat Emptor RE: Freightliner Chassis Coaches

Not sure where to begin, but for the TL;DR crowd: I am stuck boondocking in a parking lot in the middle of nowhere for 6-8 weeks.

Now for the rest of the story.

This highly essential part made by Eaton/Bussmann is also apparently customized for Freightliner. Once FL decided to stop supporting the part (and essentially stop supporting ALL of us owners of the coaches who use this part!), Eaton quit manufacturing it. As mentioned above, for some stupid reason (likely to reduce taxable inventory) FL opted to have all inventory destroyed. This part does not exist anywhere in the US, except for in operational coaches that have it and wrecked coaches that have it. Yes, I am chasing boneyards.

Eaton, once FL actually commissions them to make the part again, will take 6-8 weeks from date of order to produce the part. This info is straight from Eaton.

My coach isn't driveable without the part. Engine, Transmission, and ABS cannot communicate with each other without it. To move my coach to its spot in the shop parking lot (with no water, sewer, or electrical hookups, mind you) they hotwired it. Tomorrow I will be grilling the shop about what exactly went offline when they pulled the wires.

Freightliner's 24/7 help line customer service guy I got this evening was a condescending a-hole. The other guys have all been helpful. Separate issue, but I'll be bringing that up to FL corporate as well.

I feel this is something everybody with this particular part needs to be aware of. It appears, from what Freightliner said, that I am the first person who has needed this part in years. I predict that as time goes on, more and more customers who own coaches using this part will experience failures as well. The discontinuation and destruction was beyond short-sighted on the part of Freightliner. Electrical components do not age like wine with time; they age like vinegar.

Now I'm on a mission to get this part totally reinstated. I have a feeling others down the road will need it as well.

In the meantime, I really REALLY hope I find a wrecked coach that has a functional one I can buy and install. I'm already not anywhere near my original destination (Yellowstone), and having to go buy gallons of water at Walmart and pour them, overhead, one by one through a funnel and into my freshwater tank is getting really tiresome.

Thank goodness I have a Planet Fitness membership and this tiny town actually has the gym - I may start showering there (since I have nowhere to dump my tanks!!).
Old 05-30-2019, 01:58 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Wow, I hope you find the part you need at the boneyard!
I am surprised the shop you are at will not let you run a hose into the shop to fill your water tank! And then I would buy a cheap 50' hose, and the adapter, and after dark, I would run that as far away from your MH and to the edge of their property and drain off my grey tank! (Did I say that out loud?)
I wish you luck! What happened to the GS "pay for your Motel" part of your policy while your MH is in the shop? I would be on their keyster about that!
Again, good luck finding the part you need! Rail!
Old 05-30-2019, 10:13 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Wow, I hope you find the part you need at the boneyard!
I am surprised the shop you are at will not let you run a hose into the shop to fill your water tank! And then I would buy a cheap 50' hose, and the adapter, and after dark, I would run that as far away from your MH and to the edge of their property and drain off my grey tank! (Did I say that out loud?)
I wish you luck! What happened to the GS "pay for your Motel" part of your policy while your MH is in the shop? I would be on their keyster about that!
Again, good luck finding the part you need! Rail!
rvchassisparts.visionrv.com
606-843-9889 Somewhere in Kentucky
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	310EE796-352C-46A1-9FC4-5F1159D4255A.png
Views:	82
Size:	724.9 KB
ID:	247835  
Old 05-30-2019, 10:19 AM   #22

Hard to see price on screen shot $191
Good Luck!
Old 05-30-2019, 11:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzostd View Post
Hard to see price on screen shot $191
Good Luck!
Hey xzostd,
Nice work partner. That may be her answer to her dilemma. If that is, in fact, the correct part, she could be on her way in a matter of 3 days instead of weeks. Heck, I'd pay for air freight by Huey Cobra and have it delivered in an hour.

Anyway,
Geargirl, man, I can't tell you how much I feel for your situation. As I stated waaaaaaay earlier in this thread, we've been there, done that. There is no worse feeling in the RV world as being totally helpless, light years from home. You know what, while your part numbers are slightly off, your drawings are looking scarily like what you see in the pics below. What you're looking at is ours, when I had things apart back there cleaning things up and rearranging my trailer fuse panel for better access if and when needed.
Scott
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1000545.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	273.7 KB
ID:	247855   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000550.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	247856  

Name:	P1000557.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	247857  
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:46 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzostd View Post
rvchassisparts.visionrv.com
606-843-9889 Somewhere in Kentucky
HOLY CRAP!! I was on Visone Tuesday evening searching, and this one never popped up?!?! Great find, I'm calling them tomorrow!

Thank you!!!!
Old 05-30-2019, 09:50 PM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Hey xzostd,
Nice work partner. That may be her answer to her dilemma. If that is, in fact, the correct part, she could be on her way in a matter of 3 days instead of weeks. Heck, I'd pay for air freight by Huey Cobra and have it delivered in an hour.

Anyway,
Geargirl, man, I can't tell you how much I feel for your situation. As I stated waaaaaaay earlier in this thread, we've been there, done that. There is no worse feeling in the RV world as being totally helpless, light years from home. You know what, while your part numbers are slightly off, your drawings are looking scarily like what you see in the pics below. What you're looking at is ours, when I had things apart back there cleaning things up and rearranging my trailer fuse panel for better access if and when needed.
Scott
Hey Scott! Yes mine looks eerily like yours!

If the one at Visone isn't available, I'm going to ask FL and Eaton if YOUR part number is interchangeable. Maybe they are just similar enough that whatever differences could be worked around?

Since I'm fulltiming right now, home is where I park it essentially but I'm not real thrilled with being STUCK. Feeling trapped is not high on my list of enjoyable things.

Water, sewer, and electric would be nice to have, too, lol.

I'll keep you guys posted!
Old 05-31-2019, 08:31 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGirl View Post
HOLY CRAP!! I was on Visone Tuesday evening searching, and this one never popped up?!?! Great find, I'm calling them tomorrow!

Thank you!!!!
Also ,,, these people are pretty helpful
Spaulding Auto Parts 800-366-2070
In Spokane valley WA.
Good luck!!
Bill
Old 05-31-2019, 11:18 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
UPDATE: Part Ordered from Visone!

I bought both that they had in stock, will arrive Monday! I'll post another update once it is installed to let you guys know if that solved the problem.

Thank you all!!!!
Old 05-31-2019, 03:24 PM   #28

Anxiously awaiting.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, fleetwood, light, lights