Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2015, 07:05 PM   #1

2005 Newmar Northern Star suspension

Anyone out there have a wheel alignment issue with their freightliner suspension.
The problem I have is that when driving you are constantly at the steering. It feels like something is loose and moving. When you start into a corner the front end feels like it starts to come around, then is wants to drift as if going straight. You pull it around more, and then suddenly whatever is moving has reached full travel and then it comes around nicely. Once out of the corner you ahve to be right on the steering again. I had some one come up to me after I stopped, and informed me that the unit was dog tracking to the right serverly. I got some help, ran a tale from rear axle tot eh front axle both sides and have a 35mm difference. The right or passenger side is 35mm greater distance than the drivers side. Unit only has 58 klm, so find it hard to believe things are wore out that much to get 35 mm difference. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Don
bobalooy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2015, 07:24 PM   #2

Any vehicle can get the alignment out of adjustment. I'd look for a local shop that can handle alignment on a chassis that large. If they do alignments they can probably also do repairs or at least diagnosis.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, suspension