RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:14 AM   #1
HRF

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2007 LBCU Odometer reading

I have a 2007 Fleetwood on the custom chassis. All of my instruments stopped working and I had to have a new LBCU installed. The problem is that when it was installed, my odometer reading went from 57000 miles to 89000 miles (not kilometers). The Freightliner dealer could not explain the change. The LBCU gets the mileage information from the ECM so it should read actual engine miles. So the old unit should have had the same miles. I bought the coach used so it looks like that sometime before I bought it, the LBCU was changed. The dealer says the unit must have been hooked up wrong and started counting from 0 instead of ECM engine miles. But the dealer could not explain how that could have happened. Anyone ever had a similar issue or have any idea how the LBCU could have been hooked up wrong?

HRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2018, 09:35 AM   #2

Following.

steve52 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 06:26 AM   #3

On my coach when the odometer got to about 53,000 mils the odometer dropped to about 1500 miles. I read that I'm not the only one that this happened, I called Freightliner and they told me how to get the true reading off the ECM and that they can't reprogram the odometer to read actual mileage as the ECM. For one they are not sure how to do it and second it would be " against the law" It's funny that they know there is are problem as it goes to zero but they can't put it back ???I think it's against the law for one to turn to zero by itself. They said the ECM has the real value. Even if I would buy a new ECM $$$ the odometer would read zero and ECM would read zero.
So I guess it stays like this and if I ever want to sell hopefully when I tell the buyer how to read the real mileage vs odometer there won't be a real issue
High Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:39 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Does anyone know who make's the LBCU ?
gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:42 PM   #5

2007 LBCU Odometer reading

It happened to me too, also around 53,000 miles, on a 2006 Freightliner chassis. Only mine reset to zero. I use Silverleaf, so the “real” miles from the ECM are displayed there.

At the same time, my trip odometer showed that my current trip was just over 13 million miles. I guess I should change the oil...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0079.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	229247
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:53 AM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Traveler View Post
It happened to me too, also around 53,000 miles, on a 2006 Freightliner chassis. Only mine reset to zero. I use Silverleaf, so the “real” miles from the ECM are displayed there.

At the same time, my trip odometer showed that my current trip was just over 13 million miles. I guess I should change the oil...

Attachment 229247
You happen to have a Medallion Display, and not a LBCU. Which uses a MMDC. Funny though this happen on this unit.
gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorcq View Post
You happen to have a Medallion Display, and not a LBCU. Which uses a MMDC. Funny though this happen on this unit.

Yeah, the oil was pretty dirty...

A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote