Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2018, 02:53 PM   #1

Air Bags not inflating after manual dump

Hi -- I stored my Ventana 3709 this winter and when doing so:

I did NOT deploy the leveling jacks, so they are in the up position.
I did a Manual Dump on the Air Bags. I was told by a 16 wheeler owner that it is best to manually dump the air bags when storing for a long period of time.

I went to the coach the other day and started it up and let it run for a good 15 minutes or so and the air bags never filled. Is this an issue or do I need to do something like deploy the jacks and then pull them back up?

Or any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Jim
jimrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2018, 04:07 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You don’t mention the type of leveling system you have. If you have a cancel button hit that, then hit the travel button.
Do the jacks work? Is there power to the leveling panel?
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
You don’t mention the type of leveling system you have. If you have a cancel button hit that, then hit the travel button.
Do the jacks work? Is there power to the leveling panel?
Try pushing the store button on the jack control panel
Old 03-20-2018, 05:42 PM   #4

I have the pic of a rabbit on mine to manually fill, or have to release my parking brake.
819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:16 AM   #5

I had the same issue on a 16 Tiffin Phaeton after a manual dump. A service tech told me to cycle the ignition 3 times for a reset. Did this, and bags inflated.
3XACHRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:59 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
It's a case of the suspension dump valve sticking open. Mine has done that a couple of times after being in storage for a while. Cycling through the Auto Store and Manual Dump routines a couple of times along with fast idle clears it up. I understand that the valve needs about 65psi for it to activate, so a fast idle to get the pressure up a bit may be necessary.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:13 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
Did you hit the switch to inflate the airbags. Not sure what the labels are on your switch. Mine are "Auto" and "Dump". With the switch in "Dump", and the transmission in neutral, no attempt is made to inflate the airbags.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:04 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not sure what year is yours but i have a 2017 and I dd the same thing. All i had to do is raise the jacks although they were not extended and then they began to fill
barnegatepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 09:31 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So OP, what became of your problem??
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:21 PM   #10

Hi,

First, thank you all so very much for your suggestions. My issue now is that we received 6 inches of snow inhibiting my ability to get to the coach and try these out.

As soon as we get a couple of warm days, I really hope I am not dreaming and Spring is coming, I plan on getting to the coach and trying out a couple of yours suggestions.

Will post the outcome when the snow melts and I can get working.

Thanks again,

Jim
Old 03-22-2018, 10:05 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Air Bags after Manual Dump

We just had the exact same thing happen - stopped overnight, deflated bags (dump on panel) but didn't extend jacks.
In morning on departure I thought "gosh, the system aired up quickly". Got about 500' and realized that something was WAY wrong.
Thought about it a second, and pressed the "Store" button. Tank pressures dropped suddenly as air bags filled, then off we went.
I've tested this a couple of times since, and the behavior is consistently the same. Now, I just have to remember to press "Store" whether or not the jacks themselves were lowered. Problem solved.
Hope yours is too.
Towing 2015 Ford CMax Energi
ziaptrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:31 PM   #12

On my rig after a manual dump, and after I have stored the jacks, I have to release the park brake for a moment and the bags will fill. So i hit the Park brake off and then put it back on till the bags air up.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:21 PM   #13

fixed.

Started the coach, released the Air Brake/Parking Brake and then put the Air Brake/Parking Brake back on and after about 2 minutes the air bags filled.

Thank you to everyone that replied. Really appreciated.

Jim
Old 03-26-2018, 02:24 PM   #14

Ok.

Now another question. After filling the air bags I left them filled, any idea on a timeframe for storing/parking the coach with the air bags inflated?

Thanks again,

Jim

Tags
air, manual