Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2006, 05:03 AM   #29

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
For me........I'll take an American made chassis, an American made engine and an American made transmission.

Make mine ..... <span class="ev_code_RED">Made In USA</span> UAW All the way! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what else would one expect from a owner and spokesman for Workhorse!!!!!

GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2006, 07:15 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GStream40:
And what else would one expect from a owner and spokesman for Workhorse!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Freightliner Custom Chassis is located in my home state of South Carolina in Gaffney. You should go and see those folks at the factory they're good people and they work hard at what they do. FL has rails shipping all over the place down here on flatbeds and I see them just about everyday when I run the roads up north in the state. I bet that next week on my way to Bristol I'll see at least 2 flatbeds with FLs going somewhere.

Allison Transmissions are American made and I am proud to own one. This thread has nothing to do with Workhorse, that's in the other forum. Nice shot though if you didn't really have anything significant to contribute to the conversation.

I wouldn't have believed that I would have to take a shot across the bow for stating that I would prefer to buy American And that I support the American RV chassis union worker and their families. I believe that Allison makes the best heavy duty automatic transmissions for RV use and I'll stand by that.

What would cause FLCC to come to this type of litigation and how will it all play out when the case is concluded?

When I find myself going to different events all across the country FL, CAT, Allison and others are usually in the next booth. The RV business is small and everyone knows just about everyone else in this business. I don't have anything negative to say about FL and I am a big fan of Allison. I am sure that most of the FL owners here are also big Allison supporters.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 05:31 AM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DriVer:
...I am sure that most of the FL owners here are also big Allison supporters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got that right. It's a super transmission and when combined with the FL chassis and the Cat engine, it makes for a sweet ride.
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 07:18 AM   #32

Driver,

I believe you took my statement in the wrong context. I was merely stating that is what one should expect from your viewpoints on the other subjects and posts you have made.

We could speculate for some time as to "Why" the suit was filed. But the facts at this time are not known. I am sure the FL had a very good reason to do such a legal thing since they've had a long standing business relation with Allison.

I have been a solid supporter of FL and Allison, that is why I own my second coach that has a FL chassis and Allison transmission. Both are the best products that I feel that are on the market for the RVer today.

I hope when it is settled their will continue a good solid bond for both businesses to work together just like in the past. I also hope that maybe we will have choice for future with another possible tranny that is just as good as the present one in most of the coaches. This would only make for better products.

Ron

GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 08:27 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Well, I was wrong. I only saw 1 flat bed today with a FL chassis on it going someplace.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 03:52 PM   #34

Mid Atlantic Campers
LMAO.......... I bet ya'll really do love yer Allison transmisions. What other choice did ya'll have for an auto shifter ?? LOL Can any of you tell me 2 more trans builders that could handle the RV market with a heavy duty automatic trans, besides Cat & ZF ?

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote