Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2006, 05:06 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
There's been a couple threads recently talking about the brake light diodes on our chassis.

Recently while Installing the BrakeSwitch I was working under the dash and cut several wire ties that held the brake light diodes in place. I thought a picture of them might be handy in case anyone needed to replace them.

The brake light diodes are to separate the signals coming from the exhaust brake and brake pedal switch which both energize the brake lamp relay.

Ignore the notes about wiring, since that was for the BrakeSwitch. The brake light diodes are the cylindrical tubes about 3 inches long covered in black heatshrink tubing.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2006, 05:06 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
There's been a couple threads recently talking about the brake light diodes on our chassis.

Recently while Installing the BrakeSwitch I was working under the dash and cut several wire ties that held the brake light diodes in place. I thought a picture of them might be handy in case anyone needed to replace them.

The brake light diodes are to separate the signals coming from the exhaust brake and brake pedal switch which both energize the brake lamp relay.

Ignore the notes about wiring, since that was for the BrakeSwitch. The brake light diodes are the cylindrical tubes about 3 inches long covered in black heatshrink tubing.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:10 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
OK, before I catch heck from everyone, I'll turn this into a quiz.

Whats wrong in the the picture above?
Old 09-14-2006, 07:13 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I know, I know
But I'll wait and see what others say.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:14 PM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Easy to see,the little cheap wire clip on splice
has not been locked yet.
siggyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:39 AM   #6

Yeah, I was gonna pipe up about that 3-way splice yesterday, but never said nuttin'. I shun those little blue splice connectors; seems they always need revisiting a couple years down the road. JMHO.