Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2018, 12:57 PM   #1
dp7

California & Arizona Freightliner service

Last year I went to Gaffney for the 12 month service and planned to return this year as well. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to make the trip due to some family medical issues right now. So I am looking at closer Freightliner service facilities instead. The three I am considering are:

1. Transwest in Fontana CA
2. Sacramento Truck Center in Sacramento CA
3. Freightliner of Arizona in Tolleson AZ

With the exception of #3, the service managers have not been responsive to emails & voice messages.

Most of the reviews on RV Service Reviews & IRV2 are kinda dated. Has anyone had experience with any of these service facilities in the last 12 to 18 months?

TIA
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2018, 02:54 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
California & Arizona Freightliner service

Great service with Freightliner in Tolleson.
RedT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #3

We had a very bad experience at Tolleson a number of years ago. They were supposed to do a scheduled maintenance on a Freightliner chassis motor home and when I checked some zirks and the list of items they said they did, they didn't. When I called them on it they got highly indignant and things got hot. They finally did everything on the list with me watching. As I said, it was a number of years ago but I haven't ever been back. Every dog only gets one bite.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:49 PM   #4

My experiences with Tolleson Freightliner have all been good. They performed my 12 and 24 month services and I have a 36 month service scheduled with them at the end of November. They also performed all the Newmar/Freightliner recalls on my coach including the front axle replacement that was a part of a Newmar recall on 2016 models. Unlike some Freightliner locations, you can schedule appointments with them and they have 6 full hookup locations in the front available first come, first served. We usually come in the night before and drop the vehicle off for service first thing the following morning. Depending on when the service is completed, we sometimes stay over another night before heading home to Las Vegas.
ftharrisiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:43 PM   #5

I have had excellent service at Rincon Truck Center, 114 Rincon Court, San Clemente, 1-949-492-3520. They honor their appointments. Not cheap and no camp spots but reliable and competent. Authorized Cummins, CAT and other service. Full service for many trucks, fire trucks, school buses and many motorhomes are serviced and repaired here.
EZDZIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 04:38 PM   #6

Another vote for the Tolleson Freightliner Service Center. We've had both 24K and36K mile maintenance schedules performed there as well as any warranty issues we had at the time. Always made an appointment and usually dropped the unit off the day before. This past August after a 6K mile trip the steer tires were badly cupped. I called them on a Monday, Kirk referred me to a tire place, where I purchased new steer tires, then dropped the unit at Freightliner on Thursday for an alignment. Picked it up on Friday. They also replaced the leaking front leveling valve under warranty.
Old 11-04-2018, 01:05 AM   #7

I recommend M&M Coach Service in Chino CA. They are a Freightliner Oasis service center as well a an authorized Tiffen warranty facility. Great people.
dougfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:30 AM   #8

I have used Sacrament Truck for 2 services and a quick stop for a recall. They take appointments and get to it as soon as possible. I usually stay overnight and first in line for day of appointment. Lawrence the RV service manager is great. They are building a new building with about 6 RV bays. RV area is separate from trucks, and techs are trained in All RV chassis types, Cummins and even Silverleaf. This is my first choice for service when I head home after snowbirding.

That being said I have used Tolleson Freightliner service for some dash air conditioner issues and they do a great job. Had an issue with billing, but that was partially my fault. Kirk can get pretty defensive.
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:03 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFINIT View Post
I have used Sacrament Truck for 2 services and a quick stop for a recall. They take appointments and get to it as soon as possible. I usually stay overnight and first in line for day of appointment. Lawrence the RV service manager is great. They are building a new building with about 6 RV bays. RV area is separate from trucks, and techs are trained in All RV chassis types, Cummins and even Silverleaf. This is my first choice for service when I head home after snowbirding.

That being said I have used Tolleson Freightliner service for some dash air conditioner issues and they do a great job. Had an issue with billing, but that was partially my fault. Kirk can get pretty defensive.
Was this the place you went with good service? I am going to add it to the map layer for good service centers if it is.

Sacramento Truck Center
100 Opportunity St, Sacramento, CA 95838
(916) 286-2000
https://goo.gl/maps/Q2hhf16c9zw
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:51 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73 View Post
Was this the place you went with good service? I am going to add it to the map layer for good service centers if it is.

Sacramento Truck Center
100 Opportunity St, Sacramento, CA 95838
(916) 286-2000
https://goo.gl/maps/Q2hhf16c9zw
Yes it is. Should be added

Thanks
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:04 AM   #11
dp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFINIT View Post

Two emails & a voice mail requesting Lawrence to return my call. He never did. If he is too busy to speak with me, I am too busy to spend my money there!

I ended up going to Tolleson. Spoke with Kirk on the phone & he never mentioned he would be on vacation during my scheduled service appointment. When I arrived I dealt with Julio who was filling in for Kirk. Julio was great to work with! Looks like the timing worked out for the best.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:47 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
TransWest is horrible. I left them 5 years ago for Colton Truck Terminal Garage, which is about 10 miles east of TransWest. Colton Truck Terminal Garage is a factory authorized Freightliner, CAT & Cummins service center. Don’t let their name fool you, over 50% of the vehicles you will see there are DP motorhome's. Ed, the service manager has always taken good care of me.

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arizona, california, freightliner, service