Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2009, 07:07 AM   #15

Camp Freightliner

Stopped in Gaffney, SC on my way north this year for service on my Freightliner Chassis. Because of a last minute cancellation, I had to opportunity to sit in on a 2 day session, called Camp Freightliner, on the care and feeding of my chassis. WOW!!! What an educational session. Probably the best $100 I could have spent on learning about my chassis. This is true, regardless of your powerplant as they cover the differences in all of them, CAT, Cummings, Detroit, Mercedes, etc., all of them. Mike Cody, the tech. that does the class is remarkably knowledgeable in all aspects of the chassis. He make a very professional and informative presentation, answered ALL questions, and did part of the class on a bare Freightliner chassis. This provided us with a visual referrence. Great for those of us that learning impared and can not relate to just a lecture.

Can't wait for next year. MIke is developing a class that will allow you to go into the bay with a tech. to work on your own chassis. Nothing major, just a lot of the preventive stuff like filter changes, oil changes, lubes, etc.

If you have a Freightliner Chassis, you will want to look into attending Camp Freightliner. I understand it is only done at the Gaffney, SC facility, but the techs. are available at many of the rally's for Q&A's.

Great Job Freightliner!! Keep up the good work Mike and all of the service and office staff in Gaffney.
TRACKS Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2009, 05:23 PM   #16

Heading to Freightlliner class on June 8,9 on with another Phaeton owner. Looking forward to the class and meeting Mike. Have heard nothing but rave reviews. Will have the M# done while there.

2010 Ford Edge
Barry and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote