Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2009, 08:21 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
party barge whats this truck tank all about,a freightliner truck or another outfit
cowboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #16

Truck tank

Cowboy2,

The truck surge tank is a frieghliner part. It is rounded on booth ends and does not have the neck and large black cap. It is more transparent so you can see the coolant flowing around on the inside. The bottom of the tank is a little different so the mount has to be modified.

The part number on my invoice: 1 1 F 05-23045-00 $116.00 (tank)
3 1 F 05-20763-001 $12.00 (cap)

Hope that helps.

RAB

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Party Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #17

I too have a coolant tank leak. My question is about the style of the tank. Reading this thread, it sounds just like mine. 2005 Winnebago journey 36g, C7 cat. The top of the tank has 2 smaller hoses attached that go forward. on the forward end of the tank is a sensor and a heater hose size hose. The top of the tank is flat and then it tapers down toward the front of the coach. The leak on mine is at the larger heater hose size connection. I viewed all of this from under the bed. Looking from the outside of the coach, this tank is partially hiden by an atf tank which is also white plastic. Does the truck tank taper down like this original tank? Because that area is very close to the floor/compartment under the bed. Is the truck tank the same semitransparent plastic material as on my original tank ? I am about ready to remove this tank and inspect it before changing it.

Thanks to all that help one another here

Dave
Dave1330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Go to SEARCH and type in, Replaced surge tank on 330 cat journey, it is very comprehensive. I just replaced my tank with the same style that was in there,(not needing the hassle of modifying the mounting brackets) and then put a flap in front of it so that it will shield it from the UV rays. If you are handy it is not a difficult job. You do have to remove the bed platform to get to the back of the tank. Then you can see if all that is needed is to replace the crappy spring type hose clamp with a regular screw type.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:44 PM   #19

I'm with you Chuck, there is another thread with pictures on here that shows a different style tank , it is oval looking , and the one in my Journey is not that style. What style did you have ?

Thanks, Dave
Dave1330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:55 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It is on the right hand side of the coach rear and is about 15 inches wide and about 3-4 inches tall with the filler cap on the left hand side of the tank. There is also a seam that runs from side to side of the tank. It should be the same as yours, a Journey and my Itasca, Meridian are one in the same.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote