Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #15

Can you pull your dump lanyards and secure them in a "pulled" position with a set of vice grips or some other method to keep the valves open?
Maladjusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #16

I probably could do as you suggested but then if something went wrong like the vice grips letting loose, I would do some serious damage to the coach and garage. You did give me an idea though. I am going to take a look at the dump valve itself and see if I could rig up something that would allow the air to escape until I get in or out of the garage. Any thoughts on this?
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #17

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fun time View Post
I probably could do as you suggested but then if something went wrong like the vice grips letting loose, I would do some serious damage to the coach and garage. You did give me an idea though. I am going to take a look at the dump valve itself and see if I could rig up something that would allow the air to escape until I get in or out of the garage. Any thoughts on this?
My new to me 99 Triple e Signature inflates as soon as I release my brakes. I read that pre 1997 you could stay dumped while in gear and the brakes released. I need to be able to stay dumped to use my shop for storing when not in use. I am hoping to find out how to over ride the system. I have a 2001 Peterbilt 10 car hauler that has both over lift and dump that can be activated any time I choose with only warning lights coming on. I haven't talked to the suspension expert at my local truck shop yet. I'm on Island time so this might take a little longer to do.
Kuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:41 PM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Now that you've probably moved, how's it going with the new garage. I wish that I even had a carport for mine. I figgered that living here in the PNW that the rain would keep the roof clean, but I was mistaken. Oh well, with the new PVC roof that I got after a tree limb fell on it, at least I don't have to worry about black streaks.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #19

Bigdog: Not sure if your question is directed at me but just to give everyone an update here: After going in and out of the garage and having to dump the air 4 times to get in and 4 times to get out (in between air conditioners and sat.) my nerves just could not take anymore. I have relocated the coach to a great facility that has 14 high and 14 wide doors and it so big I can put my slides out inside. This is the only way to go. All is good now and my nerves are much better as is my coach.
fun time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #20

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fun Time.. Yes that question was directed at you as your original message was several months ago and I wasn't being smart,but really wondered if you had moved and how your nerves were by now.
The DW was just looking at a house the other day that was really a nice place in a nice neighborhood,but she wanted a view and it didn't have one. What it did have though was a 14'X14"X50' concrete slab rv carport. It was complete with a dump into the septic, 50AMP and water.The other nice thing was that the back,weather, wall was enclosed all the way to the top and the sides came down to about 7' with a 10'H by 14'W by 5' deep shed in the back. Durn,durn,but I just couldn't talk her into it.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote