Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2018, 03:26 PM   #1

FL Service Solution #3714

I was driving my new (to me) ‘09 Winny Journey (24K mi.). when all of a sudden the Low Air Pressure Warning came on. I looked to my air gauges & they were registering 100+ psi. The air brakes seemed to work normally. None the less, I found a large parking lot & tested my brakes. All seemed fine. A quick walk-around reveled nothing out of the ordinary.
After driving off, I noticed all my gauges weren’t working, except my air/psi gauges. And the irritating warning was still ringing!
I called the 24/7 Direct number & was told to call my nearest FL Service Center & request Service Solution #3714.
Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
Thanks.
docrey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2018, 04:49 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
I had a very similar experience. The air gauges went wacko about an hour into the trip. All other gauges were normal. Pulled off, checked everything I could think of, found nothing. Started out again, air gauges were normal. My route took me right by Valley Freightliner in Auburn, WA. I stopped there, a technician checked things over and found nothing. The rest of that trip, WA to the east coast and back and subsequent trips, everything normal. Numerous years of travel since then with no repeats. I have no idea what caused the problem and hope I never experience it again.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:46 PM   #3

My 2002 journey does that for a few seconds on almost every trip, bad ground or something but it don't affect air or brakes. I'll find it soon
819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 11:03 PM   #4

I was able to contact the previous owner. He said he’d contacted Freightliner with the same problem while under warranty. He said they were unable to duplicate the problem, hence they could not help him...???
Thanks all. I called a local FL service center (Redlands, Ca.) & they said it could be something computer related...or engine related...??? I have an appt. in Apr.
Hopefully not to much $$$.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:03 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Same problem - cured!

I had the same intermittent problem on my 2003 Journey, luckily I found the attached document describing exactly how to cure it. I happened across it on Beamalarm's website some time ago but saved it for prosperity!

Hope this helps cure yours too

Merv
Attached Files
File Type: pdf VDC_Repair FL VDU.pdf (235.5 KB, 257 views)
Old 03-29-2018, 01:19 AM   #6

FL Service Solution #3714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merv-IOM View Post
I had the same intermittent problem on my 2003 Journey, luckily I found the attached document describing exactly how to cure it. I happened across it on Beamalarm's website some time ago but saved it for prosperity!

Hope this helps cure yours too

Merv
Thx Merv. If it's ok, I'll leave a copy with the FL service center next month.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:33 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
My pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by docrey1 View Post
Thx Merv. If it's ok, I'll leave a copy with the FL service center next month.
Sure no problem, be my guest.

On thinking about my earlier post, I may have originally copied it from a post on here and not Beamalarm - my memory isn't great anymore

Apologies to anyone offended
Old 04-06-2018, 11:01 PM   #8

UPDATE:

Unfortunately, my rig does not have the above mentioned remedy, but the FL service center was able to trouble-shoot the problem & fix it. It required replacing 3 under-dash harnesses:

1. A06-69135 CAB, MOUNT, GUAGE HARNESS (1)

2. A06-69136 DAS, PANEL, LAMP HARNESS (2)

PARTS = $95.21

LABOR = $636.00

Redlands Truck & R.V., Redlands, Ca.

My fingers are crossed. Again, thx to all.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:33 PM   #9

Georgie Boy Owners Club
missing guages or false readings

Check out the VDC cold solider repair. This solved mine and I could do it myself.
glenn allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn allen View Post
Check out the VDC cold solider repair. This solved mine and I could do it myself.

Thanks, but according to the repair facility, it would have been more $$$ to test the circuitry than replace the harnesses, etc.
...something about..."living in a throw-away society"...

Tags
service