Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2008, 03:16 PM   #1

I really like my 2008 Freightliner, but one thing puzzles me. My dash display will change from black letters on a white background to white letters on black. Normally, this only occurs when the lights are on, but when I turn the lights off, the display remains in the inverse display. If I turn the coach off and then re-start, all is well.

Does anyone know how to change the display from inverse to regular display?

2020 Fleetwood Discovery 40M
rv rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2008, 03:16 PM   #2

I really like my 2008 Freightliner, but one thing puzzles me. My dash display will change from black letters on a white background to white letters on black. Normally, this only occurs when the lights are on, but when I turn the lights off, the display remains in the inverse display. If I turn the coach off and then re-start, all is well.

Does anyone know how to change the display from inverse to regular display?

Old 04-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nothing in your chassis owner's manual on this?

On my 04 (03 chassis), the Info Center reverses video only while one of the two buttons is pushed in (to change the mode of the display or reset a counter). It auto returns after about 15 seconds. However, your 08 Info Center is a newer type than mine.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #4

I learned to day that my display is inverting when the lights come on. Now to figure out why the lights come on at odd times -- when I hit the windshield washer, the lights come on -- and I cannot turn them off until the coach is stopped and re-started. I need to do some research on this one.

RTC

Old 04-28-2008, 04:05 AM   #5

As a safety feature, the headlights come on any time the windshield wipers have been activated (as in a windshield washer operation). The ignition must be switched off/on to cancel, or I think manually turning the headlights on and off will cancel...Don't know if this will reset the info center lighting tho'

05 Journey 36G CAT C7
diesellabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:55 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by diesellabs:
As a safety feature, the headlights come on any time the windshield wipers have been activated (as in a windshield washer operation). The ignition must be switched off/on to cancel, or I think manually turning the headlights on and off will cancel...Don't know if this will reset the info center lighting tho' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turning the headlights on and off will NOT reset the info center back to daylight configuration after the windshield wipers have been activated. I have been to freightliner about this and this and is the way it is.

I think it is a bad idea, if you want to clear some bugs with the washer then have a hard time seeing the display when it is sunny out.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The LCD info center on my coach is an older model, and it is impossible to read unless I'm parked, on my knees, and I have a flashlight in my hand!

Does anyone know if it can be replaced with the newer model described above?

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #8

There is/was an upgrade to the FL info center in earlier chassis...Search this forum on info center and you'll find the treads. There was a period of time where the updated info center could be purchased for $75 directly from the vendor, but that period has expired and I don't know what availability/cost is now for the updated model (which is very legible, BTW). I don't think you can buy the newest info center which was integrated into a new dash configuration around '06-'07...

05 Journey 36G CAT C7
diesellabs is offline   Reply With Quote