Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2016, 05:11 AM   #197

Winnebago Owners Club
6 excellent and 2 poor on rvservicereviews. Kind of mixed there too but I've seen much worse.
cruizerEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2016, 05:19 AM   #198

Warner Freightliner in Salina, Ut provided excellent service when we came in with a "check engine" light. Had us in and out in just a few hours. It's a VERY clean facility.
racer0624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:44 PM   #199

Fleetwood Owners Club
Service in Gafney is so so. They could not figure out why I had blown fuses that shut my Engine down and just replaced them. Resulting in a second brake down and towing charges one month later, due to shortened out wires on the chasis. Problem was solved by Cummins Atlantic in Spartanburg SC.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:34 PM   #200

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by evesely View Post
Problem was solved by Cummins Atlantic in Spartanburg SC.
You are not the first person to praise Cummins in Spartanburg. They, supposedly, say they can do everything and anything Freightliner in Gaffney can do in servicing the mechanical end of your Motorhome and do it at a competitive price.
FleetMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #201

Valley Freightliner, Olympia

Valley Freightliner
13232 Case Road SW
Olympia, WA 98512

Service
(855) 245-4635
M - F 7AM - 11:30PM
Sat 7AM - 5:30PM
Sun 7AM - 5:30PM

They went out of their way, sent someone to Portland at the last minute for a part, to get me back on the road in a timely manner. Very professional. Open 7 days a week. Reasonable.
Old 09-18-2016, 04:29 AM   #202

Winnebago Owners Club
Please post to rvservicereview, people will probably never find these reviews.

It is so hard to search by geographical location on irv2 that many people will never find reviews here. Sure if this are considering a place they might come here and look by name, but if you really want to provide information fellow rvers can use, post to rvservicereviews where your information is normalized and is very searchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheidbrink View Post
I was there today to have steering gear recall checked. What a great place. I had the same experience. I delt with the same people. I was in and out and back on the road in no time. We live in northern Michigan in the summer and will use them for service. It is really nice to have a service center so close. Jim and Moe were great.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:46 PM   #203

Winnebago Owners Club
the site rvservicereviews.com is a much better place for this information.

It is much easier to search for service centers on rvservicereviews. Posting there will help the rv community much more than posting here. IRV2 is very hard to search and there is practically no way to search in a geographic area for a service center using irv2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryl View Post
Valley Freightliner
13232 Case Road SW
Olympia, WA 98512

Service
(855) 245-4635
M - F 7AM - 11:30PM
Sat 7AM - 5:30PM
Sun 7AM - 5:30PM

They went out of their way, sent someone to Portland at the last minute for a part, to get me back on the road in a timely manner. Very professional. Open 7 days a week. Reasonable.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:54 PM   #204

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizerEd View Post
It is much easier to search for service centers on rvservicereviews. Posting there will help the rv community much more than posting here. IRV2 is very hard to search and there is practically no way to search in a geographic area for a service center using irv2.
The best way to search iRV2 is to just use Google.

I found you and this thread in no time flat. I'm not saying don't use rvservicereviews, just a tip on trying to find things here using Google vs the site search. I am 99.9% of the time on smart phone so don't remember if iRV2 has a Google link at the top or not. I think so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1474318285161.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	139369  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 03:37 PM   #205

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

I found you and this thread in no time flat. I'm not saying don't use rvservicereviews, just a tip on trying to find things here using Google vs the site search. I am 99.9% of the time on smart phone so don't remember if iRV2 has a Google link at the top or not. I think so.
Here's the search...
Somehow missed it the first time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1474321016047.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	139373  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 03:52 PM   #206

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetMan View Post
You are not the first person to praise Cummins in Spartanburg. They, supposedly, say they can do everything and anything Freightliner in Gaffney can do in servicing the mechanical end of your Motorhome and do it at a competitive price.
Unless things have changed and I dont believe they have, the Freightliner Service Center in Gaffney is not certified to work on Cummins engines and refer you the Cummins in Spartanburg so your observation is correct. Spartanburg Cummins take over when issues are with the engine. Gaffney will advise you however if you have trouble codes. I believe this arrangement is due to territory exclusivity in the Cummins agreements with their service centers.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:03 AM   #207

Transwest Ford in Fontana, CA: although the name is misleading they are a Freightliner Service center.

Took my 2009 Damon Outlaw with a Freightliner Chassis and Cummins engine there because the check engine light was on. For $300 (two hours at $140 an hour plus tax) they correctly diagnosed a defective WIF sensor. They called and said they needed another two hours (additional $300) to replace the sensor. Luckily I was familiar with the sensor they said was defective and knew that it simply threaded in place. I picked up the motorhome bought the sensor and it literally took me 5 minutes to replace. Good news; they correctly identified the issue. Bad news; they wanted to screw me on the replacement. I wont return and do not recommend dealing with them.
Oldphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 06:24 AM   #208

Winnebago Owners Club
If you have a good location please post it on rvservicereviews where it can be found. When someone is traveling the country and needs service they can search that site but how are you going to decode all of the posting here into something that lets you find a service center near you.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:41 PM   #209

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I know there were posts about 5 years ago, but even in 2016, Sacramento Truck center off of Interstate 80 on the north side of Sacramento, still does a great job. They treat us professionally and their shop is very clean! If you are ever in SacTown, they can help you out!

Eric and Carol Anderson
luvdoggiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 07:50 AM   #210

Winnebago Owners Club
Tell me how to use google to find every service review within 100 miles of any city or zip code.
I use google all the time to search this site and the utility of those results is nearly zero for geographically constrained searching.
Encouraging people to post here is wasting their good time and effort compared to posting on a normalized sight like RV service reviews with excellent search and mapping functions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

cruizerEd is offline   Reply With Quote