Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2017, 09:03 AM   #239

Kootenai truck repair, Couer d'alene Idaho on Ramsey Rd. These guys are awesome, honest and most importantly knowledgeable.
gweedo295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2017, 07:15 AM   #240

Ocala FL-positive experience

I had a good experience with Ocala FL.

Josh was the tech and Bob the service writer.
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 08:24 AM   #241

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dropped an intake valve on my 3126E

The title pretty much says it all. Traveling north on 380 about 30 miles north of Cedar Rapids Iowa and started loosing power and blowing a ton a white smoke... Oh, O...

Goodsam Roadside towed to Truck Country in Cedar Rapids where we discovered the intake valve head from the number 6 cylinder wedged lengthwise in the intake port, injector tip broken off which is probably what destroyed the turbo and of course the cylinder and head were pretty beatup and scared... Time for a crate motor! Nice plus here, 3 year 100K warranty from Cat on the motor.

It took about 12 days for Truck Country to install the new Cat 3126E and I was off and running. I was almost to Waterloo, about 50 miles, when the air compressor and power steering failed. A nut securing the drive gear on the compressor came loose and the drive gear was spinning on the shaft. A through drive shaft on the compressor drives the power steering, which is why it also failed. Back on the hook to Cedar Rapids.

Cat warranted the pump and Truck Country paid to tow me back to the shop for the repair and bought my hotel room for the weekend because we had to wait for the part to come from Houston.

Anyway, the whole time I was there I had free and ready access to the RV while it was in the shop, they plugged in my Fridge to shop power and really took care of me. I was even able to put the slides out and do some internal repairs and maintenance while in the shop... They were very accommodating.

So Truck Country in Cedar Rapids get's my endorsement as a good place for Freightliner and Cat service.
flyfishidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:58 AM   #242

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just purchased two 925 CCA Alliance batteries from Carolina Freightliner in Raleigh, NC for $150.13 out the door. This was exchange price with cores returned. I thought this was an excellent price.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:54 AM   #243

We again dropped our coach off at Empire Truck Center in Pensacola, Fl for its annual service. The large list of items that will be addressed is straight out of FCCC's playbook. The service writer mentioned that they have recently won the "Oasis dealer of the year" award and FCCC honchos were to visit them, present an award and take them out for a meal.
In my presence she checked for any campaigns/recalls from Cummins and Freightliner.
This is a quality company to deal with and I have no reservations in recommending them.
racer0624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:48 AM   #244

I would recommend downloading the frieghtliner apps on your phone and always going to a Freight liner dealer, there are normally a dealer within an hour or two apart in most areas, you will get good service by techs that know your chassis best and from what i have seen cheaper, many have late hours and some 24hrs, also some even have hookups for you so you can go in at night and stay till they open in the morning....

What's better than a good service, with some free electric and sewer dump....FL in Gaffney SC is one of my favorites and i stop there twice a year for service and a free night stay.....

Also they offer classes so you can learn about your chassis as well, i think it is a great class and will help you in the future having some knowledge on how everything works like air brakes is a must for any FL owner...well worth the money, just plan ahead classe fill fast and hard to get into.....
RichieCt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:19 AM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieCt View Post
I would recommend downloading the frieghtliner apps on your phone and always going to a Freight liner dealer, there are normally a dealer within an hour or two apart in most areas, you will get good service by techs that know your chassis best and from what i have seen cheaper, many have late hours and some 24hrs, also some even have hookups for you so you can go in at night and stay till they open in the morning....

What's better than a good service, with some free electric and sewer dump....FL in Gaffney SC is one of my favorites and i stop there twice a year for service and a free night stay.....

Also they offer classes so you can learn about your chassis as well, i think it is a great class and will help you in the future having some knowledge on how everything works like air brakes is a must for any FL owner...well worth the money, just plan ahead classe fill fast and hard to get into.....
ok I'll be the one to tell the emperor he has no clothes on ! Very disappointed in the fl service in gaffney. Besides the 1 yr service I had two issues and neither one was corrected , the tech didnt listen and blew me off and just did the service. He adjusted my ride height without asking ; it was fine before he touched it and then I found my mud flap scraped on everything which I had to correct later. My trans still shifted odd and my steering is still screwed up.
The class is overpriced and could easily be done in one day. The instructor is quick to brag on himself and spent half the day telling people their air pressure for their tires. He spent an hour on the joy stick on how to change dash readouts. The service I got there I could get anywhere and no need for me to go back.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:43 AM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvwfp View Post
4200 Port Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75241

Get directions

(972) 225-4300

atcfreightliner.com

Went to Premier Truck Dallas - South (on Port Blvd) on Tuesday for 6500 mile service. Went right into shop, comfortable lounge with vendor machines and TV. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

6500 mile checklist / service, with wheel alignment, was $600. They also found a leaking front diff seal and replaced under warranty. In/out in one day and very pleased with experience (5/5).

While I was there, another MH came in with engine light. Tech came out with computer, identified problem and it went right into an open bay and was fixed with 2 hours.

I highly recommend.
texoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 11:59 PM   #247

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
Sacramento Truck Center has a section for just motorhomes. We have been going their annually for years. Excellent service every time. If you travel to the Sacramento CA area and need help they are good....but they do get very busy.
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 02:02 PM   #248

Freightliner Owners Club
Has anyone had service done @ Premier Truck Group of Chattanooga? Cant seem to find any reviews/opinions. Need to have routine service on a 2006 Coachman Cross Country 38DS, just moves to NW Georgia. Thanks in advance.
golfman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:26 PM   #249

Winnebago Owners Club
Love's #286 in Quartzsite AZ.

Got stranded about 20 miles south of Q just off Hwy 95 at the Palm Canyon Rd.

Stopped for lunch and an hour later wanted to leave again. Managed to turn around, make my approach to the highway when my low air alarm went off. Noticed I was not building air. After crawling around under the bus, even with the help of some passers by, could not find a leak. Drove the toad into Q, found the mechanic at Love's, he told me to check a few things and if no go, he would come out. Saturday night, he was there.

In short order, he bypassed the air dryer and I was on my way. Stayed the night in the Love's parking lot and on Sunday morning I was the first one in. They serviced the air dryer, (I had the parts) put new brass fittings on the air lines to and from the dryer, handed me a very reasonable bill.

Chauncey was the mechanic.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:02 AM   #250

Freightliner Owners Club
Floyd's Truck repair in Cheyenne Wyoming has been great and rates are the same for trucks or rv's. Easy on off from I80.
WYAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:44 AM   #251

Freightliner Owners Club
Premier Truck Group in Ringgold, Ga. Took my MH in for 2 recalls and to have fuel filters and generator service. They were great! Tech called me every day to update me. Took it in late Friday afternoon and picked it up on Wednesday. Clean and Great customer service.
golfman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:19 AM   #252

Newmar Owners Club
Like so many of you, was really impressed by the Gaffney custom chassis location (where our chassis came from). Had our annual service performed there a little while ago. A+
JDek is offline   Reply With Quote