Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2018, 05:01 PM   #1

How long do you wait for service at Freightliner Oasis shops?

Do you utilize the services of the Freightliner Oasis shops? Are you having to wait long periods of time for seemingly simple services?

So this is my third visit to a Freightliner Oasis shop to have the oil change service, fuel filter change, and get the zerks greased. Even after making an appointment, I'm finding that it takes 4 hours to have this simple service done. I have gone to two different locations now. Is it me, or does that seem unreasonable?
ualdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2018, 05:11 PM   #2

I can do it in less than 6 hours and I'm 77 years old. When we had a Freightliner chassis, we were not impressed AT ALL with their Oasis centers.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:59 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
My Flnr dealer, although not an Oasis dealer, does not even make appointments.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:18 PM   #4

My Freightliner shop doesn't make appointments either, first come, first serviced. Bring it in an leave it, they will call when finished. I talk to the service manager about driving in and staying there and driving home when finished and what days are slack for service. They suggest a day and being there at 7:00 AM when the shop opens, they might take it in as soon as a bay is open ahead of others units already there waiting and a case of Keystone wouldn't be a bad idea also. Getting to know the guys helps a little and I've been serviced in the morning and usually home by noon.
Old 10-08-2018, 08:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
I can do it in less than 6 hours and I'm 77 years old. When we had a Freightliner chassis, we were not impressed AT ALL with their Oasis centers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
My Freightliner shop doesn't make appointments either, first come, first serviced. Bring it in an leave it, they will call when finished. I talk to the service manager about driving in and staying there and driving home when finished and what days are slack for service. They suggest a day and being there at 7:00 AM when the shop opens, they might take it in as soon as a bay is open ahead of others units already there waiting and a case of Keystone wouldn't be a bad idea also. Getting to know the guys helps a little and I've been serviced in the morning and usually home by noon.
Interesting, thanks. Just curious as I have been to 2 local Oasis dealers and haven't had much luck. Just got done waiting about 5 1/2 hours for the oil change/filter change/chassis lube service, after I had made an appointment. Perhaps my expectations are too high.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
If all you need is an oil, filters and chassis lube why not consider going to a Speedco.

In and out in one hour and a lot cheaper than Freightliner.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-n-L View Post
If all you need is an oil, filters and chassis lube why not consider going to a Speedco.

In and out in one hour and a lot cheaper than Freightliner.
There's only one near me and they don't do RVs : (
Old 10-08-2018, 09:49 PM   #8

Made an appointment a week in advance at one shop. Waited 6 hours past the appointment time for the one hour job to be started.

Dropped in with no appointment for a filter change at another dealer. Waited five hours for the lowest tech on the totem pole to show up and start the job.

I think when a DP comes in the techs all scatter and get as busy as possible doing ANYTHING else possible. For which I really don't blame them. BUT I do fault the shop management.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:49 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
One thing I've found that works pretty well is call them on the day I want some work done and ask how busy they are. If not busy, I head that way. However, I do avoid them when ever possible. They are very expensive....and do questionable work.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:48 PM   #10

The Freightliner Factory Service Center in Gaffney, SC is top notch. I go there every year for my annual inspection.

The Freightliner “Oasis” dealer network is a joke. Totally worthless.
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:58 PM   #11

Quote:
One thing I've found that works pretty well is call them on the day I want some work done and ask how busy they are. If not busy, I head that way. However, I do avoid them when ever possible. They are very expensive....and do questionable work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Traveler View Post
The Freightliner Factory Service Center in Gaffney, SC is top notch. I go there every year for my annual inspection.

The Freightliner “Oasis” dealer network is a joke. Totally worthless.
Yup, Gaffney is great. I was there this past summer. I'm starting to agree with you about the "Oasis" gimmick. I think I need to start a thread looking for a good maintenance facility in the Chicago suburbs where I live.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #12

Freightliner Owners Club
Chattanooga Freightliner Oasis Dealer is great. I call, make appointment, arrive early and am out in 3 hours. Great people and great service!
golfman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:13 PM   #13

wonder if enough of us Freightliner owners contacted Gaffney about the sorry Oasis lot would they start putting pressure on the so-called Oasis system that we could get some decent service. I live within 100 miles of two different Oasis shops. One says "No appointment, just park your coach in the back lot and we'll get to it in a week or so". The other on made an appointment, said it would take probably 2-3 days, which ended up being a full week. They kept switching mechanics.
After the money we've put in these coaches, and expected to spend so much on maintenance items, you'd think the factories would see that we received better service.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:02 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Stopped in and talked to the Oasis service manager on duty to discuss getting oil, fuel filters, etc. changed. His response...."we don't take appointments, and usually we can get it done by the end of the day".

Clearly, that says they are so busy they don't worry about such simple services, so time to go elsewhere.

Tags
freightliner, oasis, service