Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2018, 06:59 AM   #71

Yes sir:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000R...op_mb_pd_title
Jon_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2018, 07:06 AM   #72

And it can stay dialed in at 450 without affecting calibration unlike some others that have to be set at lower setting when not in use. This thing is a beast And you have to turn the head 180 deg to torque clickwise vs CCW. I almost sent it back thinking it was broke.... I figured $360 to know my wheels are installed properly was a good investment as i do all my own tire work. Used to work for tire store.
Old 09-17-2018, 08:15 PM   #73

JOURNEY CAT
Im looking for opinions as how others may handle this task
In the event a wheel would have to be removed . Without having to depend on road service
IT IS SIMPLE FOR ME, USE A 1 FOOT PIECE OF PIPE AND PRESS 100LB DOWN THAT IS 100 FT LB OF TQ ,

2 FOOT PIECE OF PIPE IS 200 LB TQ,

3 FOOT PIECE OF PIPE IS 300 LB TQ
4 FOOT PIECE OF PIPE IS 400 LB TQ
I WEIGH 100 LB TO THE OUNCE SO ALL MY WEIGHT ON THE END OF A 4 FOOT PIECE OF PIPE GIVES ME 400 FT LB OF TQ. IF I WEAR MY GOLD RING I CAN GIT UP TO BOUT 425 FT LB TQ.

IT IS A SIMPLE MATH FOURMLA. EASY ON THE WALLET ALSO :-)

HOPE THIS HELPS
Old 11-23-2018, 10:24 AM   #74

I know this is old post but my solution to changing tire is i carry a motorcycle lift jack in a bay and it works perfect for moving the tire around and lining it up perfect with the studs. My coach hwh jacks will lift the wheels off the ground with ease and i carry 2- 6 ton stands to put under the axle for safety. I carry1 spare tire on rim and plan to buy another tire only in case i need to swap one. With a tire iron and hammer its easy to change rubber even on the road due to the soft sidewalls on the RV version tires.
Old 11-24-2018, 03:12 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_C View Post
I know this is old post but my solution to changing tire is i carry a motorcycle lift jack in a bay and it works perfect for moving the tire around and lining it up perfect with the studs. My coach hwh jacks will lift the wheels off the ground with ease and i carry 2- 6 ton stands to put under the axle for safety. I carry1 spare tire on rim and plan to buy another tire only in case i need to swap one. With a tire iron and hammer its easy to change rubber even on the road due to the soft sidewalls on the RV version tires.
Jon,
If you're carrying one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/OTC-1545-Moto...ycle+lift+jack

I'm not sure how you're aligning the lugs/studs so the wheel can go on. Plus, I have one of those m/c jacks and, that thing would take up a ton of room. And there's no rollers on it that allow for tire rotation to align studs with holes in the rims. I have a "tire" dolly for that job that does have rollers on it so you can easily rotate a tire and wheel assembly.
Your compartments must be gigantic in order for you to be able to carry one. Not to mention, you already carry a tire/rim combination and you're going to purchase and carry even ANOTHER tire? Wow. Wish I had that kind of room/capacity.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:43 PM   #76

My MC jack is much larger & lifts higher . And I didnt find it very dificult to align studs with the wheel at all . With out use of a tire dolly .
Journey cat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:44 AM   #77

Scott heres a pic of mine in compartment, it even fits in the smaller one under the fresh water tank with a bag of hardwood. My handle is short and i just put it on when needed. The spare is in the full width compartment up front.

And I forgot to mention the extra rubber will only be for the Alaska trip and i may haul it in my 24ft trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D86663A9-742B-4222-8962-4CBFABE39C89.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	227100  
Old 11-25-2018, 11:54 AM   #78

I roll the tire on the jack and eyball the hole positions vs studs i usually get pretty close. If not i pull the jack straight back and adjust the tire and try again. I once worked at a tire shop and have put on literally thousands of tires so im used to handling these beasts. Im sure i could change a tire in less than 30 min on the side of the road, i prefer that over waiting for someone else that i dont trust to do it. I understand this is just my way and not for everyone and im thankful my health allows me to do this at least for now...
Old 11-25-2018, 12:26 PM   #79

Alaska . Good call take all you have available . No one wants to be stuck !
Journey cat is online now   Reply With Quote